Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   2 new tanks. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/2-new-tanks-32111/)

mollies 11-11-2009 11:58 PM

2 new tanks.

:lol::lol::lol:I just got a steal on 2 new tank/Used. 125 gallon. And a 180 tall. 400 for both. What would you guys think for stocking the 180 with. The 125 will be another african tank.:lol::lol::lol:

Fishin Pole 11-12-2009 05:39 AM

considering its a tall tank i would try to utilize the height........Do you like angelfish or discus?.........They would do really well in a tall tank of that size and you could also go with some of the larger type bottom feeders...Great find on the tanks!..........Congrats!

1077 11-12-2009 06:58 AM

+one for Discus and or Angelfish. Lots of driftwood,maybe some leaf litter, sand substrate,and a whole gaggle of corydoras.

bearwithfish 11-12-2009 07:08 AM

i am soooooooo jealous!!!!! congrats on the great deal:):):)!!!!!! i agree take full advantage of the height!! marble angels in particular would be so beautiful in there.

Angel079 11-12-2009 07:14 AM

Awesome! Congratulations!!!!
That size and tall, Angelfish :-)

fish999 11-12-2009 08:28 AM

Amazing deal! gratz! I'm envious, of course. I dunno about what you like but recently I've been hearing about ripariums... half water half air type setups. If I had a big tank I'd be really tempted to have a little waterfall at one end and a jungle stream bank thingy goin... oh wow I just remembered archer fish. wouldn't those be cool in a riparium. Have fun!

mollies 11-12-2009 09:42 AM

Thank you craiglist. lol Thanks for all the good info guys. I do have angles. But them discus Might be the way to go. Wher do you find them the lfs dont get them in around here. IF he orders them there like 50-60 a piece. Is that normale?

Fishin Pole 11-12-2009 10:17 AM

actually depending on the species, thats not a real bad price

mollies 11-12-2009 10:23 AM

realy that seems like alot for fresh water fish. i will be doing some research on them...... any more sugestions

1077 11-12-2009 10:43 AM

Were it me, I would try and purchase adult Discus. I have raised them from the size of fifty cent pieces to adults and the young fish really need several small feedings a day to achieve their potential. This means frequent small water changes to keep organic levels to a minimum.
Adult fish on the otherhand,can be fed twice daily and weekly water changes will suffice in my expieriences with them.I might also recommend that the fish be purchased as a group but realize that not all can afford to do so. I am one of those people.
I purchased mine quite young and added one fish each payday until I had a group of six. Not much more appealing to the eye in my view ,than a tank with a group of Discus gliding about.