Tropical Fish Keeping banner

better pics of my friends!!!

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  lioness501 
#1 ·
heres some better pics of my fishies!!! (photo heavy)

See less See more
#4 ·
lioness501 said:
thanks cam :) i have another lil plec too but hes so busy all the time hard to get pics, hes a lot like the common but hes orange and black?? i have also noticed that the other common(in the pics) has started turning lighter in colour, is that normal????
Does this plec have big fins? if so, it is a sailfin gibbicep.

yes, it is normal, it is just their colouration, Unless you see it behaving abnormally, Then it is stress.

Hope this helps! :D

#20 ·
lioness501 said:
hmmmmm u c i didnt take him back yet :(:)
i cant not yet
Dear oh dear why not? what happened to the otos you were exchnaging him for as he is too big for your tank?

mvirata said:
xingumike said:
'tis a very nice L001, must have been a real wrench taking him back to the shop... if only they stayed small eh!
His name is beast! Get it right or you know why they call him the beast.
Is that so? wait any longer and he wont be called beast he will be called stunted.

#21 ·
i dont use this site to get grief! i will get rid of him in my own time, he has grown so therefore not stunted, u have gone completely off topic here, hes extremely happy along with all the others, any signs of stress i would have got rid of him already, he now lives in a small cave i have so i cant c why i should hurry to replace him. u may find it easy to give them up but i dont. no need to get on my back about it.

#22 ·
lioness501 said:
i dont use this site to get grief! i will get rid of him in my own time, he has grown so therefore not stunted, u have gone completely off topic here, hes extremely happy along with all the others, any signs of stress i would have got rid of him already, he now lives in a small cave i have so i cant c why i should hurry to replace him. u may find it easy to give them up but i dont. no need to get on my back about it.
Right ok...

1) If you dont want others to comment on your fish then don't post them on an internet forum, the thread was about your fish and thats what my comments related to, entirely on topic imho.

2) I initially complimented you on a very good looking Loricarid, i dont find it 'easy' to give them up which is why i sympathised with the fact that you had had to return it (which i have done myself before due to similar unwise purchases, mine were bala sharks which i notice you have as well and are completely unsuitable for you aquarium as they were for mine).

3) I was only going on the info you had previously posted saying you had/were returning him, sorry didnt realised that was untrue.

4) I would be interested to know what signs of stress you are looking for in your L001, having not kept one it would be useful to know for future reference please.

our views on what is and isn't acceptable living conditions for Loricariidae obviously differ, for that i apologise as well and respectfully bow out of this thread before i upset you anymore, my intention was not to 'get on your back' i was merely concerned for the welfare of your fish, again that will happen on a fish forum.

#23 ·
the only stressed fish i have had before r ill ones or ones in labour, they r not peaceful or quiet in fact they become skittish. i am goin to b takin beast back to my lfs but in due course. i am aware that he needs more room to grow and flourish but for now, temporarily he seems to b doin great and he is growing. i completely accept all comments and critism but it seems like u were gettin on my back, after i had already stated that i will indeed be returning him. sorry if i took ur comments the wrong way, but i believe, in my heart that my fish r happy

#26 ·
ALRIGHT CHILDREN!

Lioness he made a comment, which you may not have agreed with so I think it he was OK to do it. He did compliment you though so I think he can be forgiven and we can all the friends.

Now if the fighting continues I will have to show both of you why they call me the TERMINATOR!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.