Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New Black Moor Goldfish!!

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Lupin 
#1 ·
This is my new Black Moor GOldfish!! went to walmart and got him! he is so small! lol so cute though. he came up to the front of the tank because of the camera then when he saw it he ran away. lol hes so curious and cute and babyish lol

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've never had a Black Moor. I always bought the feeder goldfish for some reason. LOL
What size tank does a single Black Moor need? I know I've seen some pretty good sized ones at PetSmart. (Obviously, your little guy has quite a ways to go before getting that big, though)

#4 ·
Goldfish need about 10 gallons each, I think.

He is so cute! You just wanna pick him up and squeeze him! :p

#8 ·
I normally don't like goldfish either, alexXx. I find this little guy is soo cute, though!

#15 ·
If you keep goldfish long enough, you'll find that the fully matured ones are quite colorful to look at. You just have to find the right sources because the ones sold in local fish stores are often culls. Show quality ones or pedigreed ones are very expensive and hard to come by. I get my own goldfish mostly from the breeders now where I can be guaranteed some nice looking ones.

#14 ·
Aww..What a cutie.:love: If you have to keep two, I'd keep them in a 30g as the minimum. Black moors tend to grow rather and bulky at 10-12 inches. My black moor is a singletail at 6" and my largest goldfish is a 10" black oranda.:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.