Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   New Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/new-aquarium-317850/)

tropicalkass 12-14-2013 10:59 AM

New Aquarium

So now I'm up to 6 aquariums and no more. haha My fiance says I'm addicted to fish! :) I have a 55 gal aquarium which is what we started with and our main tank. Its a tropical community tank. We have it stocked with 4 red minor tetras, 1 dwarf flame gourami, 1 african featherfin catfish, 1 pleco, 1 blue "lobster", 1 pictus catfish, 1 german blue ram, and 1 mystery snail.

In my other recent tank I got Its prob about a 10 gal tall. I just got 2 mickey mouse platys, 1 cory cat, and 3 fancy male guppies.

In my breeder tank I have 2 three spot blue gouramis.

I also have a 4 gal desktop tank that looks like a cube with built in filter. Currently I have nothing. But will be putting in my pink baby crayfish.

And I have two betta tanks, a 1 gal and a 5 gal. The 1 gal has a blue and black veil tail male and in my 5 gal I have a female pink and red crowntail and a red mail veil tail.

How many tanks do y'all have? And what do you have stocked in them??:-D

Flint 12-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tropicalkass (Post 3587002)
So now I'm up to 6 aquariums and no more. haha My fiance says I'm addicted to fish! :) I have a 55 gal aquarium which is what we started with and our main tank. Its a tropical community tank. We have it stocked with 4 red minor tetras, 1 dwarf flame gourami, 1 african featherfin catfish, 1 pleco, 1 blue "lobster", 1 pictus catfish, 1 german blue ram, and 1 mystery snail.

In my other recent tank I got Its prob about a 10 gal tall. I just got 2 mickey mouse platys, 1 cory cat, and 3 fancy male guppies.

In my breeder tank I have 2 three spot blue gouramis.

I also have a 4 gal desktop tank that looks like a cube with built in filter. Currently I have nothing. But will be putting in my pink baby crayfish.

And I have two betta tanks, a 1 gal and a 5 gal. The 1 gal has a blue and black veil tail male and in my 5 gal I have a female pink and red crowntail and a red mail veil tail.

How many tanks do y'all have? And what do you have stocked in them??:-D

I have five tanks;
1 Gallon - Empty, contemplating shrimp
2.5 Gallon - Halfmoon Double Tail Male Betta, Tiger Nerite Snail & 6 Ghost Shrimp
10 Gallon - 3 Black Mollies but will be a growout for a Green Spotted Puffer
20 Gallon - Red/White Ryukin Goldfish
75 Gallon - Empty

Now, I have to say, there are some stocking problems with your tanks.

Your 55 - You should have at least 6 tetras, they are shoaling fish and do much better in larger groups. Your Pleco will get much too large for this tank if it is a common.

Your 10 - Cories are schooling fish and need a school of at least 6 to be happy. The platies would be happy with a couple more friends as well.

Your 5 - Is this tank divided?

tropicalkass 12-14-2013 12:04 PM

We had 2 more tetras but the lobster got the two we think. I plan on getting more Cory cats. We know the pleco is going to get bigger. We plan on getting a bigger tank and if we don't decide to keep him a friend of ours has a huge tank and he will tank him.

I have to go back to get more platys I just decided to get these now and more in a couple of days. We have to save up for Christmas too.

Thank you for the advice though
Posted via Mobile Device

tropicalkass 12-14-2013 12:04 PM

The tank is divided.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flint 12-14-2013 12:27 PM

What kind of cory is it? Most are not suited for 10 gallons.

rexpepper651 12-14-2013 12:36 PM

im surprised you have only lost two fish to the lobster lol

tropicalkass 12-14-2013 01:48 PM

Not sure of species but it stays about an inch and a half.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flint 12-14-2013 01:54 PM

Pygmys are the only species suitable for a ten gallon if I'm not mistaken.

tropicalkass 12-14-2013 01:59 PM

Well if he gets bigger then said we'll move him to my 55 gal.
Posted via Mobile Device

rsskylight04 12-14-2013 05:49 PM

Hello. Your cory probaly won't get too huge, but he will definitely enjoy the floorspace of your 55 a lot more than a10gal.
Good luck!