|rsheets ||11-04-2009 07:51 PM |
Are there any neon pros here?
I was hopeing to find a neon pro here. Mine keep dieing. What water stats do you keep? All of the care sheets say neons are "easy" but those are the only ones that keep dieing.
|molliefan09 ||11-04-2009 09:45 PM |
can you give us more info on your tank? i.e. size, water params, inhabitents ect...
|Lupin ||11-04-2009 11:57 PM |
Answering this might help us point out a few possible issues that may have caused their demise.
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2