Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   guppies dieing (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/guppies-dieing-316842/)

wobblescat 12-11-2013 07:26 PM

guppies dieing

I'm having trouble with my gupies, I added 3mollies awhile back 2 dide 1 got very sick but servived. Now one by one my gupies start dieing. First they start swimming at an angle and cant get their tales up then over the course of a few days they cant swim at all and sit on the bottom and die. I'm using prima fix for any fungle infections ive tride seperating the effected fish but they just die. Any help would be great.

25 gallon tank
black more
Oranda
Blue gamura
All un effected just the guppies

thekoimaiden 12-11-2013 10:42 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you are having trouble with your tank. Could you give us some more information about it? How long has the tank been set up? Is the tank cycled? Have you tested for ammonia and nitrite? What is a Blue gamura? I'd love to help, but I need some more information to know just what I am dealing with.

wobblescat 12-12-2013 12:28 AM

Ive had it up and tuning for 4 months its cycled.I have a full test kit every thing is normal it all started after those damnable mollies., but the gullies are showing different symptoms, I just check an hour ago and another red guy is swimming with his back arched and cant swim up without a lot of effort. He'll probably be dead in 3. Days

rsskylight04 12-12-2013 01:47 AM

Welcome. So sorry about your guppies. You might be able to save some of them. How often do you change water? What temp is your tank at? Do you use dechlorinator? First thing I would do before any questions would be 25% waterchange with conditioned d water that has been brought up to tank temp

wobblescat 12-12-2013 12:06 PM

I already do all that. I just don't get it...

Flint 12-12-2013 12:23 PM

What test kit are you using?

rsskylight04 12-13-2013 01:43 AM

Try keeping the light out for a couple days. Guppies can usually shake off sickness if they are in good water and eating good food and are not stressed. When water quality is poor they become vulnerable to all sorts of fungus and disease, parasites, finrot. Symptoms you describe sounds like ammonia or nitrite poisoning. I would try daily water changes of 25-50%. It won't hurt .

wobblescat 12-13-2013 02:51 PM

Ill try the lite thing didn't. Really think about stress since they've been ok should I change wat more than once a week?

rsskylight04 12-13-2013 11:24 PM

I would change water every day.

wobblescat 12-14-2013 11:58 PM

My other fish get too stressed during a water change I don't want to freak them out