Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   for all the people who gonna buy oscars (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/all-people-who-gonna-buy-oscars-31607/)

southamericancichlidguy23 11-02-2009 06:40 PM

for all the people who gonna buy oscars

the most beautiful and funniest personality in the world are oscars but if u cant stand ur dog drooling next to at the table u wont like watching these fish beg for food 247 makes u feel kinda guilty lol and if u dont like a fish that cant jump out the tank for food like dolphin this also mite not be the fish for u lol iv never seen the fishy sad face intill i got oscars lol its kinda like this :shock:FEED ME lmao :lol:

southamericancichlidguy23 11-02-2009 06:41 PM

can jump out the tank for food mistype lol im being stared at lol

southamericancichlidguy23 11-02-2009 07:11 PM

nobody else has anything to add about oscars

xrayjeeper83 11-02-2009 10:38 PM

Ive never kept oscar's but am really thinking about it, its them or a salt tank

southamericancichlidguy23 11-03-2009 07:26 AM

lol that is hard decision im doing salt next getting me i want lionfish really bad

southamericancichlidguy23 11-03-2009 07:27 AM

tell u one think make sure u buy the fish 2 or 3 inchs never one 1 inch im fighting to keep my jd alive long enough to grow a strong immune system

charliehasacola 11-03-2009 04:45 PM

I have an Oscar and a JD/Elec. Yellow mix. They're both amazing fish and the Oscar definately has some ability to be a dolphin/shark. He bites hard enough to draw blood and jumps out on his side just to splash you like Shamu. lol Amazing fish if you have the time. My Oscar boy seems to be getting some pitting in his head, though.. He's lived a nice 11 1/2 years, and has been a midget all of his life. We got him at 3 inches and now he maxes out at a whopping 8 inches. He lives in solitude because he even kills snails we put in with him. My JD is about 6 years old and maxes out at 6 1/2 inches. Tiny fish for the tanks their living in. After they pass my mum says we have to downgrade, though. My Oscar's in a 150 gallon and my JD is in a 100 gallon. I have two juvie Mystery Snails in a 1 gallon for the time being. I'm getting a 10 and a 32 custom when they move on. I'm thinking about Goldies for the 32....(: I'm not sure about the 10. Ahh, but Oscars are amazing.

southamericancichlidguy23 11-03-2009 04:48 PM

yea my oscar is 6 and half now he was 4 when i got him dont knw how old i just got little 2 inchs long fin oscar to be his buddy and they pretty much hold fins all over the tank its hilarious and the little one learned how to beg and jump up like a dolphin from the big one which i dont knw how old he is and the eletric blue jd is baby i got him at 1 inch now hes 2 and hanging on for his life hes hard one to keep healthy

charliehasacola 11-03-2009 04:50 PM

Yeah, is there any known cure to HITH? I've had my Oscar since I was four years old....

southamericancichlidguy23 11-03-2009 05:07 PM

nope its prevented by feeding them proper pellets and flakes im sry i cant do anything about it just feed him proper flakes and spend ur time wisly