Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   4 ft 43 gallon tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/4-ft-43-gallon-tank-314618/)

luke22 12-07-2013 04:10 PM

4 ft 43 gallon tank

hi guys been looking on this forum for a while but only just created account as im stuck lol hopefully some1 can help lol so here goes i recently bought a 4ft tank i its all up and running now i have a eheim 300 ecco pro filter system i do a 25percent water change with new carbon filter every week water temp is at a steady 25. i have 2 zebra angel fish and 2 gold sail fin mollies i really want to get discus as well? but app there massive and need room? but can anyone help with what else i can put in?? i have volcanic rock in there at the mo but will be putting some wood in soon as i want a pleco so any advice would be graet many tanks :)

willow 12-07-2013 04:22 PM

hello and warm welcome.
i've never kept Discus so i can't help.however i'm sure someone will
pop along and help with your question. :-D

luke22 12-07-2013 04:23 PM

me to lol just dont have a clue what to get next lol

willow 12-07-2013 04:29 PM

the only thing i do know is..beware of plecs…choose very carefully
as some grow Huge,and get aggressive with it,i have a bristle nosed plec
and he can be a little toad at times with the corydoras ,and he's only 4 inches.

aussieJJDude 12-08-2013 01:50 AM

I have heard that it isn't a good idea to mix angels with discus... But angels, *sigh* I want to have them in my tank soo bad!!!

luke22 12-08-2013 07:10 AM

im not getting discus now i dont think i got the knowledge for them yet. butt anyone got what to get next? i want bottom and middle swimming fish and i need some fish to clean up the food that sinks lol

tropicalkass 12-08-2013 08:29 PM

We have a common pleco and so far hes grown a lot since we've gotten him. We were told they get really big and that eventually they do more harm then they do good. Big fish make big mess. If you have the filter, etc. to handle it, then they're really nice fish that get along with everyone. Discus get huge, I think about 10" but it depends, they can be either smaller or larger. Bristle nose plecos stay small. If you want a sucker fish, that keeps your tank clean, I recommend corys or your smaller less aggressive catfish.

luke22 12-09-2013 08:51 AM

ok thanks i have a half decent filter so could maybe hold a big one but do like those corys if i could get a couple of them

willow 12-09-2013 08:58 AM

go with a nice group or corydoras :-D

luke22 12-09-2013 09:05 AM

thanks do they school together? im been a idiot aswell i never did the fishless cycle never heard of it till today lol. i just left it for 4 days empty?? and had my water tested its all ok dont know exact numbers of everything. this about 2 months ago will it all be ok?