Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   ugg.... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/ugg-31143/)

molliefan09 10-25-2009 08:02 AM

ugg....

Being a mom is SOOO stressfull. My son Justin who is four is getting sick:cry:....he just turned 4 in april and was ALWAYS sick with something....he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in february of this year and since getting on insulin he hasnt been sick.....but today he woke up VERY grumpy and is now sleeping on the livingroom floor at 9 in the morning....not something he does......i have yet to deal with him being sick since the diagnosis and it just scares me because we hardly have his blood sugar under control with him not sick.....im FREAKING OUT!!! the one day of the week our pediatrician is closed he starts getting sick...

dramaqueen 10-25-2009 08:43 AM

Have you tested his bloodsugar this morning? I'm not sure what the difference is between type 1 and 2. My Mom has type 2. Obviously your son's is the juvenile kind. My Mom gets grumpy and sleepy when she's hypoglycemic.

molliefan09 10-25-2009 08:57 AM

his blood sugar when he got up was 75 which is GREAT...that was at 7:00am. hejust woke up from his little nap (10:00am) and his sugar is 364 ::YIKES:: normally hes grumpy and wont eat when he is hypErglycemic. when he is hypOglycemic he usually just VERY hungry and gets a headache. Type 1 and 2 are very similar in a lot of way but also VERY VERY different.....type 2 people can reverse it if they take the appropriate steps when first diagnosed....type 1 is fully insulin dependent from the start and it is life long....no reversal...no cure. Also, type 2 usually has to do with lifestyle choices and genes and sometimes medical treatments where as type 1 is more commonly associatd with the immune system attacking itself (auto immune disease of some sort)

dramaqueen 10-25-2009 12:28 PM

Poor little guy! I hope he's better this afternoon. Unfortunately, my Mom doesn't take care of herself and never checks her sugar, doesn't exercise or watch the foods that she eats. It's a wonder she is still walking around! She takes 4 shots of insulin a day.

molliefan09 10-25-2009 12:45 PM

Im really sorry about your mom...i know how it is to watch someone who you know NEEDS to take care of themself better and they just dont.....how does she know how much insulin to give if shes not checking her sugar?!?!? my son get 4-5 injections a day....thankfully hes still young enough that I control what he eats, when he eats and how oftenhis sugar is checked!!!.....by the way he seems better after his little powernap lol

Romad 10-25-2009 12:51 PM

2.5gal
1 male Betta Fred a.k.a. Love (my son renamed him) said he's red like my heart and i love him...

That's so sweet :)
Glad he's feeling better

molliefan09 10-25-2009 01:27 PM

lol thanx!! he is a sweet kid

dramaqueen 10-25-2009 02:17 PM

She just gives herself the same amount every day. I don't say anything to her anymore because it doesn't do any good. I'm glad your son is feeling better this afternoon.