Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey, new here. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hey-new-here-3110/)

basicloser 02-06-2007 04:12 PM

Hey, new here.

Hey everyone,

Well I guess first of all I should share with you why and how I became interested in fish. To be honest I’ve always lied fish I just never really knew that much about them (aquarium fish at least). I acquired a lavalamp aquarium that was ‘made for bettas’ and then got a betta not knowing any better. I had him for two days and then read on another fourm how to actually keep betta healthy. So within less than I week I went out and bought a 10 gallon tank. No sooner did I take all of the stuff out of it then pack it all back up and say ‘whatever…gunna go bigger’ so two days later I came home with a 44 gallon fish tank from Wal-Mart. I wanted to get the 55 which was the same price but there wasn’t enough from and the hexagonal tank was easy to find a place to put. So there my betta lived for a time… while it cycled… I had little other choice and betta are pretty hardy fish so he was fine.

Shortly after I got more fish, I got some blue platys, silver mollys, and corycats. Now I’m not sure what happened but some of them died. I tested the water everything was fine…anyway my betta got a tumor and died, I got another betta and the same thing happened (in much less time)…I’ve since stopped getting betas until I can find a place that sells healthy ones. I walked threw the store and seen several others with lumps that were for sale…

I am now down to 2 silver mollys and 4 cory cats. They are beautiful fish and I will try to get some pictures up soon. I am planning to move the tank so it is going to be redone which is when I will likely get some pics up.

So I guess a little about me…I live in Canada, lived there all my life. I am a recent graduate of college for IT and I’m currently on a workterm where I work with a company to get skills and to be able to say I’ve actually done this not just learned this. Yeah that’s pretty much me, I hope to be an active member of this community both in learning and helping the best that I can.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

Lupin 02-06-2007 05:18 PM

Hello and welcome aboard.:wave:

joeshmoe 02-06-2007 05:20 PM

ellow, welcome

flatcam1 02-06-2007 11:13 PM

Welcome to this great community!!!!! :D

By the way, how did you get the word to show its definition? :shock:

Lupin 02-06-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatcam1
By the way, how did you get the word to show its definition? :shock:

That word is already added to the glossary tool, Cam.:) We add everything found in ABC Games but before we continue, we'll need to fix the bugs first.:)

Thanks for the notice on the glossary.:mrgreen:

Matt 02-06-2007 11:17 PM

welcome!

Amphitrite 02-07-2007 02:58 AM

Hi basicloser and welcome to the forum :)

Matt 02-07-2007 08:35 AM

I Meant to say "Welcome to the Forum!"

musho3210 02-07-2007 04:50 PM

No need to say high twice matt :wink:

Welcome to the community, we are growing bigger everyday ive noticed. Maybe 4 new members a day...

Aquaticmoon 02-10-2007 10:19 AM

Hello :o :wave: