Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Something is diffrent (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/something-diffrent-30964/)

MoneyMitch 10-22-2009 10:34 AM

Something is diffrent

So this morning i logged on and something is diffrent about the forum cant put my finger on it, but something has changed. has anyone else noticed it too?

Jack Middleton 10-22-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyMitch (Post 261612)
So this morning i logged on and something is diffrent about the forum cant put my finger on it, but something has changed. has anyone else noticed it too?

The domain name has changed, as has the board and Forum name

aunt kymmie 10-22-2009 11:10 AM

Hopefully y'all like the new name change; I certainly do! :-D

dramaqueen 10-22-2009 11:32 AM

I think it's very nice! :)

Krinedawg 10-23-2009 06:24 PM

Well, for me, I don't like fixing things that aren't broke. As I sit here looking at the NEW and improved name, I think if I had to of changed it, I would of gone with Tropical Fish Keepers. One seeing that is what we are, and two that is most likely what other fish keepers would be looking for. Just my two cents worth and you know what they say about opinions!

JouteiMike 10-23-2009 06:27 PM

Why was there even a change in the first place?

molliefan09 10-23-2009 06:36 PM

i didnt even notice till i read this thread...shows how observant i am (i promise i pay more attention to my fish) lol

MoneyMitch 10-23-2009 11:50 PM

good thought i was going crazy or was extremely (insert word here) :O

mrdemin 10-23-2009 11:54 PM

fish forum was very good for search engines!!! But since that will redirect to this, and this is a nice domain too, I think its a good idea.

Mike 10-24-2009 06:46 AM

Hi guys,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krinedawg (Post 262497)
Well, for me, I don't like fixing things that aren't broke. As I sit here looking at the NEW and improved name, I think if I had to of changed it, I would of gone with Tropical Fish Keepers. One seeing that is what we are, and two that is most likely what other fish keepers would be looking for. Just my two cents worth and you know what they say about opinions!

You're right that tropical fish keepers is what we are, Krinedawg, but tropical fish keeping is what we do. We thought it would be better to use the name indicative of what the site is about rather than who visits it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JouteiMike (Post 262500)
Why was there even a change in the first place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdemin
fish forum was very good for search engines!!! But since that will redirect to this, and this is a nice domain too, I think its a good idea.

While it's true that our old domain name was highly relevant for a fish forum, unfortunately not many people go searching for a "fish forum". They generally search for information related to tropical fish keeping. We are hoping the new name will allow many more fish keepers to find their way to and enjoy the community.

We're glad you think it's a good idea, mrdenim, and we hope others do to and that it grows on those who don't! :-P

Thanks, guys!