Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Re starting my aquarium! Woo! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/re-starting-my-aquarium-woo-30680/)

Guppy Girl 10-16-2009 04:32 PM

Re starting my aquarium! Woo!

Well, tomorrow Im moving back to my moms.
Turns out, shes down sizing her fish tanks, because of reptiles, and Im getting the fish from her 30 Gallon.
That includes:
1 clown loach
4 tiger barbs
1 platy
2 catfish
2 botas
1 plecostomus.

NOW!
before you guys get on about a few things!
All these fish are housed together, and get along fine.
I ALSO know the clown loach can read 12" in legth. Personally, I dont expect it to make it that long, and if it does, I will re home it.
I also plan on getting a few more barbs to equal out aggression issues aswell.

I have a 29 gallon tank. Is this stocked, or do you think I could get a few more fish?

PS.. I will put up pictures as soon as the tank is set up.

mollies 10-16-2009 04:47 PM

why you moving back? Good luck with the new tank.

aunt kymmie 10-16-2009 04:57 PM

Just curious: What type pleco? What type cats? What's a bota?
Mom's place has the barn, right?? ;-)

Arkamaic 10-16-2009 05:05 PM

yay to getting your tank back up =)

Guppy Girl 10-16-2009 05:38 PM

Im moving back because where Im at has no good place to work, and no good place close to board my horse :)
So yes and no. My moms doesnt have the barns, but the town I am moving to does lol. Just a walk across the street pretty much. If I look out my house, I can see the boarding place from my window.

Pleco.. the kind that get big, another one to rehome if it gets to large. The common one most people have.. I believe the sailfin?
They are either julie cats, or peppered.. I cant remember which ones were in which tank.. she has WAY to many tanks!

Guppy Girl 10-16-2009 05:46 PM

OH, and by bota, I meant botia, like, 2 skunk botias.
Missed the "i"

Guppy Girl 10-18-2009 02:36 PM

Well I got my tank all set up, with my fish in them.
I have 2 bronze corys, a leopard spot Pleco (?) I think... that what mom calls it.. might have to post on here to ask.
And only one skunk botia, I guess the other one had died, aswell my clown loach and my 4 tiger barbs, and one platy.

My loach thinks he is a tiger barb, and the tiger barbs thinks he is a barb too. They all school together, and if they get separated from the loach, the go looking for him and they all swim and play together. Its really adorable.

I also have a 5 gallon guppy tank. 3 females and 1 male, going to get more plants and gravel so babies can survive.

Blaxicanlatino 10-18-2009 05:39 PM

Guppy girl!!!

Guppy Girl 10-18-2009 10:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
HEYY!! YAY!! Havent talked to you forever! :D

PS... Heres pictures of the loach with his "family"

And the tank. Its dark, will get better ones tomorrow.

Attachment 4777

Attachment 4778

Attachment 4779

Blaxicanlatino 10-19-2009 02:42 PM

it has been forever :( how you been?!