Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   My new tank!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/my-new-tank-30562/)

JohnnyD44 10-14-2009 08:24 PM

My new tank!!!

So, I've learned the good way, that being addicted to craigslist pays off.....today I came across a 150 Gallon fish tank, lights and lids, with a stand for $75!!!!!!!! I have no idea what kind of shape it's in, or what...but the guy said it holds water as it used to be used for turtles....so friggin pumped!!

150 Gallons!! :shock::shock::shock:

Just thought I'd share! Now the question.....where do I begin to think of a stocking list for this....I may also try salt-water aquarium....always wanted one of those, but always told myself to wait for a bigger tank....

and well here it is...!!!!

whoot whoot!

mollies 10-14-2009 08:30 PM

African cichlids. 30 of them or A nice reef tank. What a great deal. I also found some good deals.There to.

Twistersmom 10-14-2009 08:32 PM

Congrats on the new tank! Great find!

JohnnyD44 10-14-2009 08:34 PM

yeah I'm super pumped....not even sure if I have room for it, haha

but I'll find room somewhere!!!!!

I'm definitely leaning towards a nice salt-water aquarium....scary though

MoneyMitch 10-15-2009 12:14 AM

salt water is gonna be crazy expensive your looking at around 300-400 dollars in just the live rock lol i would go with a nice african set up or even get some oscars or even a arowanna :D
Great deal you basically stole that!!

Rohland 10-15-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyMitch (Post 257571)
salt water is gonna be crazy expensive your looking at around 300-400 dollars in just the live rock lol i would go with a nice african set up or even get some oscars or even a arowanna :D
Great deal you basically stole that!!

agree a few oscars would be nice.. or even discus :O
you could have so many. oooh an arowanna isnt that a really expensive fish?

MoneyMitch 10-15-2009 01:46 AM

saw one on craigslist for 60$ 18 inches and disease free

Jack Middleton 10-15-2009 03:59 AM

what are the dimensions? also you need to know what species of arrowana your interested in, because i dont think the tank will be long enough or wide enough

JohnnyD44 10-15-2009 08:14 AM

I'm not really leaning towards any breed of fish at all right now....I'm really leaning towards storing the tank for a while, and then when I have the room I think I'll set it up....the more I read about them, the more I am looking towards a saltwater tank.....they just amaze me.

They are costly....but I get a year-end bonus at my job around 2G's....which I usually blow on something stupid haha, but I'll think I'll take the time to invest and buy everything right the first time...

I would also probably do a "build" post....always wanted to do one of those too....gonna head to the book store and buy a book on salt-water aquariums, or just read around on here too.....either way I'm stoked!!!

Calmwaters 10-15-2009 09:41 AM

Oh man you got a great deal! I plan on maybe trying a salt water next year when I buy a house and can have a big tank to. I will be interested in seeing how yours turns out.