Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello fellow fishkeepers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-fellow-fishkeepers-30068/)

PlatinumBlue 10-04-2009 01:10 PM

Hello fellow fishkeepers

I'm brand new,my name is Heather. I'm 33 and I have been keeping fish since my dad got me a 5 gallon starter kit for Christmas when I was all of 9 years old! Of course,that led to a ten gallon that I stuffed with goldfish to the brim,and so on!

Today (properly educated in fish keeping! ) I am just smitten with angelfish. Recently purchased some Philippine Blue Pearlscale smokeys that I could sit and stare at all day...Also bought an angelfish friendly hexagon aquarium rig that I am quite proud of.

I like to chat about fish,too much sometimes and people think I am boring,especially my fiance! lol He just doesn't understand....;-)

Can't wait to get started on here.

Twistersmom 10-04-2009 02:27 PM

Hello Heather and welcome to the forum!

I am only a couple years older than you and as a kid I also kept 3 goldfish in a 10 gal tank. This was before the Internet, and having so much info on fish care readily available. I only did water changes when the water looked really nasty and started to smell! Had the same goldfish for close to 6 years. Looking back on it, I wounder how they survived!

Do you have any pictures of your current setups?

Amphitrite 10-04-2009 03:48 PM

Hello Heather and welcome to FishForum :-D Looking forward to seeing some pics of your angels

PlatinumBlue 10-05-2009 12:48 PM

I posted some pictures!

Haven't used a forum in so long I felt like I was doing it for the first time all over again.

dramaqueen 10-05-2009 01:11 PM

Hello and welcome to FishForum.

Romad 10-05-2009 03:50 PM

Hi Platinum,

Welcome to the forum. I have a 45 gal hex. too - pretty but I wish I had longer arms to replant after cleaning.

aunt kymmie 10-05-2009 11:32 PM

Hi Heather, welcome to the forum! I'd love to see pics of your other critters.
You have quite the menagerie. :-D

PlatinumBlue 10-06-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 253455)
Hi Heather, welcome to the forum! I'd love to see pics of your other critters.
You have quite the menagerie. :-D

Oh,I seem to be a rescue shelter for abandoned or sick animals no one wants,or ones that follow me home..:oops:

I recently aquired the new kitten when she followed me on a walk for a mile,it was 110 in the shade that day...Another one was behind me following me too,but I didn't see it in time and it got smashed by a car and I felt so bad...so I scooped her up,carried her for a mile up hills,sweated all over her and she has long hair-so it looked like I dunked her in water. I see it as She chose Me. lol

My lops were easter bunnies people buy for their kids,they get big and pawned off so I take all I come across...Just raised some wild rabbits my mom's old dog carried up into the yard with 100% success-released them early summer and two still hang around my yard which thrills me to no end!! lol

My turtles were "gifts" from my sister who found one in a parking lot and the new little one inside of a VA hospital-how he got there is a mystery.

Sooo many stories of heartache to go with the good ones,I've had a few animals who were so sick when I found them that they had to be put down after I spent lots of cash trying to fix them and I have cried rivers of tears...I still do it tho. Someone has to love them. I have a soft heart. :cry:

willow 10-06-2009 02:41 PM

hello and warm welcome to you.:-D