Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello :) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-297825/)

UncleEasy3000 11-05-2013 11:12 AM

Hello :)

Just dropping in to say hello. I recently am getting back into the Freshwater scene. I currently have a 30g long and an 84g Long setup and cycling. Anyway good to be here and looking forward to getting to know some of you on here and being a contributing member of the forum! :-P

willow 11-05-2013 03:11 PM

hello and welcome aboard,hope you'll be very happy here
with us.
what fish are you planning for the new tank once it's cycled ?

UncleEasy3000 11-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 3344825)
hello and welcome aboard,hope you'll be very happy here
with us.
what fish are you planning for the new tank once it's cycled ?

Not sure yet. The 84g is 6' long x 15" wide footprint, so it would make a cool community tank. Its an odd size tank, I read on another site that that is a standard size aquarium in the UK, although I have never seen one before and cant seem to find them online anywhere.

I also have a breeding pair of Jack Dempsies sitting in a 10g that I may or may not keep. I'm kind of bored of the cichlids though. Although I've never bred them, so that would be a cool project. I'm super indecisive and cheap, so I'll probably put them in the 30g with "plans" to give them away.

I have never done a planted tank before, so I am most likely going to learn about it and try my first planted tank out. Who knows..

willow 11-06-2013 04:04 AM

sounds like wonderfully interesting times ahead !
has the tank got a name….clearseal…jewel…fluvial.. ?

Romad 11-06-2013 04:16 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Have fun picking out your livestock. Makes me wish I had an empty tank to play with.

UncleEasy3000 11-06-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 3348369)
sounds like wonderfully interesting times ahead !
has the tank got a name….clearseal…jewel…fluvial.. ?

Idk, I've never named one of my tanks before. I was thinking of names when I began to add aquariums in the member tab.. hmmm.. I'll have to put some thought into it. I kind of like "Pandora" for the 84g.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 3348385)
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Have fun picking out your livestock. Makes me wish I had an empty tank to play with.

I knowwwww, isn't that the best? Thats why I am taking my time with it. I think I may take down the 30g and add substrate, sand, and driftwood and get it planted first. I should get some pictures going. I am excited to get some new ideas on here as well.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! This seems like the kind of place I was looking for, everyone seems really kind and helpful here. :-)

willow 11-06-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleEasy3000 (Post 3349105)
Idk, I've never named one of my tanks before.

:oops: sorry i meant to ask if the tank had a manufactory name :-)

UncleEasy3000 11-06-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 3349161)
:oops: sorry i meant to ask if the tank had a manufactory name :-)

:lol: haha! I'm not sure actually.. How would one find that out? I picked these tanks up used..

willow 11-06-2013 03:07 PM

mine is a jewel rio,it has a little badge on the bottom edging at the front.
perhaps if the tank has the original lights ? i'm not sure about that though.

UncleEasy3000 11-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 3350353)
mine is a jewel rio,it has a little badge on the bottom edging at the front.
perhaps if the tank has the original lights ? i'm not sure about that though.

hmm.. I don't think so. I'll post some pics in another thread when I get farther along and maybe we can find out. :)