Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   another tank on the way! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/another-tank-way-29710/)

Pasfur 09-27-2009 06:40 PM

another tank on the way!

So, i'm sitting in the living room with my wife, watching the Goonies on TV, drinking a glass of wine. My wife looks in the corner at my 54 reef and says "you know, I always wondered why we didn't put that tank in the den and have a larger tank on that wall." So, its time to relocate the 54 reef (again) and buy a 75 or 90 for the wall!

Ahhhhhh...

Actually, I may have to move this thread to another forum, because i'm having the itch for a live plant tank. What to do with a 90 gallon tank???? Who loves my wife? ;-)

mrmosin 09-28-2009 09:14 AM

Doesn't get any better than when the wife suggests a bigger tank.

aunt kymmie 09-28-2009 10:59 AM

Drinking wine, watching the "Goonies" and she suggests a larger tank?? It doesn't get much better than that. Planted tanks can be superb and I'm going to love following your planted build thread, should you decide to do one. Knowing you, you'll be tackling this project with your typical aplomb. :-)

Pasfur 09-28-2009 05:41 PM

I do realize that this is extremely early, heck just a next day reaction. But i'm really looking at this tread as a way to bounce ideas around on a somewhat higher level. What can I do at this point in my fishkeeping "career" that will really hold my interest and be something new and exciting. I really want to do a tank that is worth talking about and that would be different from the bread and butter threads you see all over the internet.

One idea that hit me today was to do a non-photosynthetic coral reef system with Seahorses and Pipefish. THAT would be a challenge.

aunt kymmie 09-28-2009 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll say. Everything I've read and heard is about how tough it is to keep seahorses alive and thriving. Something I saw recently at a local aquarium were Sea Dragons. That would be worth talking about. I'd never seen a sea dragon (is it a seahorse species?) before and marveled at its intricacies. I hope you don't mind that I'm posting a picture in your thread but I found these to be such amazing creatures (pardon my lack of camera skills)

Tyyrlym 09-29-2009 09:03 AM

Right now I'm on a reef kick but a 90gallon planted freshwater tank would be nice.

mrmosin 09-29-2009 09:27 AM

I am curious, what are "goonies"?

1077 09-29-2009 10:11 AM

How bout a planted saltwater tank? I saw a photo of a tank recently , I believe the gentlemans name was Tom Barr, that was a very colorful example . To be fair most of the plant's weren't actually plant's per se but rather diffeernt colors of Algae and some weeds. I thought the tank looked quite nice. Googling info .."Planted Saltwater Tanks" might bring something that would interest you .
Freshwater Planted tanks are themselves quite beautiful too.

Arkamaic 09-29-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmosin (Post 249976)
I am curious, what are "goonies"?

A movie from the late 80's (???) early nineties. (Date may be wrong). Bout a bunch of kids in Oregon that get tangled up in a family gang's search for treasure ship. Good movie, watch it sometime haha.

And can't wait to start following this Pasfur, I'm sure one way or another, however you decide, you will go all out and do it right, and completely awesome. And it would be great to see something different and over the top, like you wanna do! And looked up what 1077 was talkin about.. looks way good. Definitely something to consider IMO.

You have an awesome wife... wish my gf was that way... :lol:

Amphitrite 09-29-2009 04:13 PM

The Goonies, wine, fish tank talk... doesn't get much better than that Pasfur ;-)

A 90 gallon tank, heavily planted with dark background and a very large school of small shoaling fish would look awesome!