Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Blame it on the daughter (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/blame-daughter-296914/)

AMediaMan 11-03-2013 08:53 PM

Blame it on the daughter

yep thats right, its all her fault :-D

Its been 20 years since ive been into the fish tank scene, and what does she want for her birthday a fish tank of course hahaha. So mom and dad go off to petco for a ten gallon glow tank. What a nightmare it has been :evil: (a little about my last month) so naturally I find this forum. First off let me say I Thank Everyone here for all the helpful posts. For lerking around I have learned so much in so little time that I think her tank will survive. Just wanted say hi and ty very much.

Agent13 11-03-2013 09:55 PM

LOL! Well hi.. I think I'll blame it on my son. (Darn, he wasn't born when I started! But ....he was when I got full force with it.)
Oh and welcome to the non lurking end of TFK ;-).. Now do tell your trials and tribulations.

AMediaMan 11-03-2013 10:08 PM

haha brat kids, and ty. Our problem was the ammonia. Spring water and massive water changes helped a ton (learned from various posts). As far as major trials they are soon to come :) I have a good friend who is selling me her 55 gallon tank all set up with fish for only 70.00 oak stand included. There are many things I will be changing so I will be hitting the posts once again. As a non lurker hahaha.

Romad 11-04-2013 07:09 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

You really made the leap from a 10 to a 55 didn't you? Nice! You'll find the larger tank easier to maintain once you have it established.

Looking forward to you future success posts.

Roccus 11-04-2013 08:32 AM

Hi and welcome...I'm new here myself... fish tanks and pets in general helped me raise 4 "kids" on my own.. they are great family /parent bonding sorces and teach resposibility... my "baby" is 35 and has introduced his children to Aqyatic life... and yea.. that's a heck of a jump from 10 to 55 gallons good luck...

Tolak 11-04-2013 08:46 AM

Hey Welcome! Nice one with your daughter, I had the same thing 22 years ago when my daughter was 11. Great deal on the 55 setup as well, lots of things you can do with a tank that size.

willow 11-04-2013 10:10 AM

hello and welcome….who can i blame …..um….um…arhhhh yes
my brother. :-D many moons ago.

AMediaMan 11-04-2013 06:56 PM

Hahaha ty all for the welcomes. Just to get things right my largest tank 20 years ago was a 75 gallon which actually produced 2 14 inch ( I think ) Blue channel catfish, and 1 16 inch Iridescent Shark. But 20 years later I will agree 10 to 55 is a huge jump lol. It is a great buy none the less. I was actually dieing to do salt water ( my dream ) with it, but that can wait. First things first. I have get myself back into it first.

aussieJJDude 11-04-2013 09:01 PM

Welcome! haha I can say I blamed my parents, they had the 65 corner gallon tank before I was born! I been with fishies for my whole life - and don't plan to change the status!
Nice jump, but in a few months time you be thinking it too small and going for the 75 or the 125! :)

Chesh 11-05-2013 09:02 AM

I blame my daughters, too! A very good thing, I think ^_^
Welcome to TFK, and congrats on the new finny friends!