Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New to the site.. glad to be here

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chesh 
#1 ·
Hi All.. My name is Joe.. I'm a salt water striped bass fanatic.. luremaker and Aqurium keepr... when I'm not involved in any of the above activities... I run and oversee the maintenence of the machinery and facility in a machine shop in Woburn Mass.

I've had/maintained aqriums since I was a young boy...nothing large but it's always been a part of my life.. for the better part of 50 years.. in a post in the correct forum, I'll tell my story of how I got here and why you are never too old to learn ( or in my case RE-LEARN)

Thanks for having me
Joe (AKA Roccus)

#2 ·
Hi there Joe :wave:

Welcome to the forum. Boston girl here who just moved north 3 years ago. It's nice to have fellow New Englanders here. And typical NE weather today - in the 70's but could plummet to 40 in a few hours :)

You're right about never being too old to learn. Especially when it comes to fishkeeping. I swear that I learn something new just about every day from our members.

#8 ·
HUZZAH!!! A THREAD!!!
What is this thread. . . going to be? Is it just a 'Letting you know' thread?
OR!!! OR!!!
Are you going to continue posting on it as you grow and learn, so we can all share your experiences?
If the latter. . . let me know! We have a handy-dandy journal area (my favorite!) just for threads like that!

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to see where you go (and where you've been!)

#9 ·
HUZZAH!!! A THREAD!!!
What is this thread. . . going to be? Is it just a 'Letting you know' thread?
OR!!! OR!!!
Are you going to continue posting on it as you grow and learn, so we can all share your experiences?
If the latter. . . let me know! We have a handy-dandy journal area (my favorite!) just for threads like that!

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to see where you go (and where you've been!)
hadn't given it a whole lot of thought....... as I move foreward, I would be happy to "log" my progress into the starting/keeping of a salt water tank( I need to do MUCH more studying before setting one up)...I keep maintenance and fish keeping records of my small tank as well as my pond and have done so for years... as i said earlier.. slothfullness and procratination led to the undoing of my fresh water tank.. I knew better .. time just got away.

Reactions: Chesh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.