Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Guppy Girl Got Her Horse :) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pets/guppy-girl-got-her-horse-29444/)

Guppy Girl 09-22-2009 10:18 AM

Guppy Girl Got Her Horse :)

7 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! Long time no see.
Just though I would come in and say hey, aswell as to say I finally bought my horse, although I bought her in July. Ive been very busy haha.

Anways, shes 6 years old. 15.1 hand high appaloosa. She wasnt touched at all before I bought her, so I sent her to the trainers and shes doing really good. She bucks still... but her days arent up yet. Shes a red roan snow cap, and I was lucky enough, that when I went and saw her at the trainers, I got to put the first ride on her :) (While being led of course). Shes acctually VERY well bred, although her papers are gone. Her dam is Blue Winds Misty Gal and her sire is Chinootka Bay.

By the way, I bought her for only $200 because she was going to go to slaughter.

Attachment 4085

Attachment 4086

Attachment 4087

Attachment 4088

Attachment 4089

Attachment 4090

Attachment 4091

dramaqueen 09-22-2009 10:21 AM

Welcome back!! Congrats on the horse!! She's very pretty and lucky to get a good home.

aunt kymmie 09-22-2009 10:39 AM

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on the new horse. She's a beauty. Have you named her?
It makes me soooo happy to know that one less horse made it to slaughter.
I think it's great that you're working with a trainer. (not cheap, eh?)
I also think you're lucky that she's a bucker and not rearer. My sister's horse loves to rear and she's been dumped twice, hard. My sister's trainer has yet to solve the rearing problem. I really hope she does before my sister cracks her bum.
Have fun with your new horse and keep us updated on your progress and with pictures! :-D

Guppy Girl 09-22-2009 10:46 AM

Oh I forgot to tel you guys her name LOL!
When I bought her, her name was Dusty, so I renamed her Savhanna.
No, it definitly wasnt cheap, esecially when I pay for verything myself! The trainer alone cost me $800! Plus all the tack I bought, and have yet to buy. But next goal though is hay for when she gets back. When she gets out, Im riding her home. A trail ride that would take 45 minutes in a car, so that should be fun.
Also, here are some videos of her in th trainers, 4 days after going there :)

YouTube - Savahanna part 1

Guppy Girl 09-22-2009 10:47 AM

Heres part 2.
YouTube - Savhanna part 2

aunt kymmie 09-22-2009 11:16 AM

Gups, your trainer is awesome. I love her soft yet firm positive approach. That $800 is money very well spent. I wish my sister had a trainer such as yours. I'm so excited for you!

PS. Love the choice of Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls". Thanks for the stroll down memory lane's 80's.

Guppy Girl 09-22-2009 11:30 AM

hahaha, yeah shes amazing, and I even got a deal for $800 since Ive known Selena (the trainer) for many many years! Shes doing all her ferrier work (shes also a licenced ferrier, cool eh) aswell as her trailering. PLUS shes going to try to teach her how to bow for me for my late birthday present :)

willow 09-22-2009 03:13 PM

congratulations,shes really pretty.
i wish you the very best of luck with her,and i hope she loves her forever home.
karma to you for saving her.
:-D

Guppy Girl 09-22-2009 08:13 PM

Thanks guys for the words of encouragment!

Calmwaters 09-23-2009 09:17 AM

I absolutly love her! She is a beautiful horse and congrats on the great purchase. I love horses and had them when I was younger but unfortanatly have no were to put one now.