Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Any one like Cricket (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/any-one-like-cricket-2899/)

Fishflat 01-30-2007 02:18 PM

Any one like Cricket

It's really cool I'm an all rounder (al though better at bowling)
I'm a pretty good fielder too.
HOw good are you guys?

Fishflat, Field has been added to your poll. I noticed you failed to click 'Add Option' after putting the option 'Field' in the poll hence its failure to appear publicly on the poll.
Blue

Fishflat 01-30-2007 02:22 PM

I mean Crickets really cool, any one agree?

flatcam1 01-30-2007 02:41 PM

Sure, i do but i don't know what i am :lol:
:D

best regards, flatcam1

Fishflat 01-30-2007 02:43 PM

Answere the poll Flatcam

Fishflat 02-05-2007 12:51 AM

doesn't anybody like cricket. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

flatcam1 02-05-2007 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishflat
doesn't anybody like cricket. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Lots of people here are not from Australia and don't know anything about cricket..... :shock:

hope this helps! :D

Lupin 02-05-2007 02:55 AM

Can anyone tell me what exactly is Cricket?:) Indeed. I'm not one of the Aussies so neither do I know about it.:dunno: :)

Biarsha 02-05-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue
Can anyone tell me what exactly is Cricket?:) Indeed. I'm not one of the Aussies so neither do I know about it.:dunno: :)

Cricket is a bat and ball sport, played between two teams of eleven players each. A cricket match is played on a grass field (which is usually roughly oval), in the centre of which is a flat strip of ground 22 yards (20.12 m) long, called a pitch. At each end of the pitch is a set of wooden stumps, called a wicket. A player from the fielding team (the bowler) propels a hard, fist-sized cork-centred leather ball from one wicket towards the other. The ball usually bounces once before reaching a player from the opposing team (the batsman), who defends the wicket from the ball with a wooden cricket bat. The batsman, if he or she does not get out, may then run between the wickets, exchanging ends with the other batsman (the "non-striker"), who has been standing in an inactive role near the bowler's wicket, to score runs. The other members of the bowler's team stand in various positions around the field as fielders. The match is won by the team that scores more runs.

Cricket has been an established team sport for hundreds of years. It originated in its modern form in England and is popular mainly in the present and former members of the Commonwealth. In the countries of South Asia, including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, cricket is the most popular sport. It is also a major sport in places such as England and Wales, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Bermuda, and the English-speaking countries of the Caribbean, which are collectively known in cricketing parlance as the West Indies. There are also well established amateur club competitions in countries as diverse as the Netherlands, Kenya, Nepal and Argentina, among others; there are over one hundred cricket playing nations recognised by the International Cricket Council.

The sport is followed with passion in many different parts of the world. It has even occasionally given rise to diplomatic outrage, the most notorious being the Basil D'Oliveira affair which led to the banning of South Africa from sporting events. Other examples include the Bodyline series played between England and Australia in the early 1930s, or the 1981 underarm bowling incident involving Australia and New Zealand.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Ricky Ponting
:yourock:

As you can see I am a huge fan, LOL

Lupin 02-05-2007 08:56 PM

:shock2: That sounds like fun.:mrgreen: :lol:

Thanks for the explanation, Biarsha.:thankyou: :yourock:

joeshmoe 02-05-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biarsha
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue

Cricket is a bat and ball sport, played between two teams of eleven players each. A cricket match is played on a grass field (which is usually roughly oval), in the centre of which is a flat strip of ground 22 yards (20.12 m) long, called a pitch. At each end of the pitch is a set of wooden stumps, called a wicket. A player from the fielding team (the bowler) propels a hard, fist-sized cork-centred leather ball from one wicket towards the other. The ball usually bounces once before reaching a player from the opposing team (the batsman), who defends the wicket from the ball with a wooden cricket bat. The batsman, if he or she does not get out, may then run between the wickets, exchanging ends with the other batsman (the "non-striker"), who has been standing in an inactive role near the bowler's wicket, to score runs. The other members of the bowler's team stand in various positions around the field as fielders. The match is won by the team that scores more runs.

Cricket has been an established team sport for hundreds of years. It originated in its modern form in England and is popular mainly in the present and former members of the Commonwealth. In the countries of South Asia, including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, cricket is the most popular sport. It is also a major sport in places such as England and Wales, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Bermuda, and the English-speaking countries of the Caribbean, which are collectively known in cricketing parlance as the West Indies. There are also well established amateur club competitions in countries as diverse as the Netherlands, Kenya, Nepal and Argentina, among others; there are over one hundred cricket playing nations recognized by the International Cricket Council.

The sport is followed with passion in many different parts of the world. It has even occasionally given rise to diplomatic outrage, the most notorious being the Basil D'Oliveira affair which led to the banning of South Africa from sporting events. Other examples include the Bodyline series played between England and Australia in the early 1930s, or the 1981 underarm bowling incident involving Australia and New Zealand.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Ricky Ponting
:yourock:

As you can see I am a huge fan, LOL

wow sounds hard. is it? (ill stick wit baseball)