Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Fish Table (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/fish-table-2890/)

KishFeeper 01-30-2007 01:16 AM

Fish Table

This is a table i have made after researching all different types of fish i have come up with this.

1/2 inch = 1/2 inch Per 1/2 - 1/4 Gallon (this is mostly for the smaller tetras)

1 inch = 1 inch Per 1 Gallon

2 inch = 1 inch Per 1 Gallon

3 inch = 1 inch Per 2 Gallon

4 inch = 1 inch Per 4 Gallons

5 inch = 1 inch Per 5 Gallons

6 - 9 inch = 1 inch Per 6 Gallons

10 - 14 inch = 1 inch per 10 Gallons

15 +++ inch = 200 + Gallons

Each one of these is PER fish
This also depends on the fish species.

Example: Oscars only need about 60 - 80 gallons EACH but a pacu needs 150 + gallons each for the size of them. And although the table says oscars need 120 gallons they really wont mind that ether. Remember start with the biggest tank you can afford and go from there, Even if it means you cant get your Pacu :P

Age of Aquariums 04-19-2007 12:42 AM

Great info! I see someone did there research.

Rue 04-20-2007 09:23 AM

Good job! :D

Age of Aquariums 04-20-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Fishkeeping wish: That every betta sold finds himself at least a 5g tank...

Wanting better for bettas...
I think I will move my Betta. lol. I feel sorry for Betta's, you should do a post on that.

Rue 04-20-2007 09:32 PM

I could I suppose...but others have done good jobs...

I just wish one of the big petstores would 'take up the cause'...

...or if someone came up with an attractive or somehow innovative betta tank...5 gallons or more...maybe we'd see some change...

...oh yeah...and outlaw the use of bettas in a bowl for weddings...what a horrifying centerpiece...

Age of Aquariums 04-20-2007 09:40 PM

There is one that is for sale at 5 gallons but this is off topic so I will pm you the link.

Lupin 04-20-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rue
...oh yeah...and outlaw the use of bettas in a bowl for weddings...what a horrifying centerpiece...

I didn't know that.:shock2:

Age of Aquariums 04-21-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rue
I could I suppose...but others have done good jobs...

I just wish one of the big petstores would 'take up the cause'...

...or if someone came up with an attractive or somehow innovative betta tank...5 gallons or more...maybe we'd see some change...

I guess I didn't read all of this. I don't get the wedding part. I do feel sorry for them in those tiny bowls, but I wouldn't give them a 55 either maybe a 5 or 10 gallon tank.

Lupin 04-21-2007 12:43 AM

I do get what Rue meant though. She meant to say that the fishbowls filled with bettas are used as part of decorations during the wedding receptions. Oh how I hate that part.:shake:

fish_4_all 04-21-2007 01:02 AM

I do find the chart a little confusing.

If I am reading this right, to have 5 angels you need 125 gallon tank, the same with 5 BN pleco, correct? Each getting to 5 inches in length. Not questioning the table, it could be very useful. Just a little clarification for me I guess.

I know this isn't neccesarily what you have to do either, I just really want to make sure I am reading the table right.