Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   MoneyMitch S.American Cichlid Tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/moneymitch-s-american-cichlid-tank-28756/)

MoneyMitch 09-09-2009 04:11 PM

MoneyMitch S.American Cichlid Tank

8 Attachment(s)
So im about to get fish so i thought id start a thread just about my tank :P everything ive done so far has been at the advice of many of you. i just arranged all my rocks around and wanna share it with you guys let me know what you think. when i add anything to this tank im gunna post the pics here rather than starting a new thread everytime. Thanks for all your support guys!!!! also gotta say go to pandora and put a track on by massive attack called teardrop :P

here is the tank before i moved any of the stuff around
Attachment 3821

here is a few shots of the left side of the tank
Attachment 3822

Attachment 3823

Attachment 3824

heres a few of the right side
Attachment 3825

Attachment 3826

Attachment 3827

and of course the full tank shot
Attachment 3828

pardon the cloudiness as i took these pictures about 5 mins after moving everything around. so tell me what yall think, good enough for s american cichlids???? in the blank spot is where im going to put a good amount of plants and maybe a medium piece of wood. im thinking of gettin some more rock and building up the right side pretty much the whole height of the tank. but anyways open to suggestions, opinions and commets good and bad. Money

P.S the powerglow is on the left of the tank and the stock allglass tube is on the right.cyou can also check my water params and everything else under my aquariums tab enjoy guys~

artgalnj 09-09-2009 06:46 PM

I definitely like it with the rocks built up! Not only are the rocks nice, but the color of them are really nice, they stand out well against the light colored sand. What kind of SA cichlids are you thinking of? Perhaps you could add a couple of swords in the open area towards the back and something more low growing in the front?! And the driftwood would be a nice addition. I don't know, just a suggestion. I know my angelfish love the amazon sword plants in my tank (they spawn on them every 12 days!).

MoneyMitch 09-09-2009 11:05 PM

thanks for the comment, as far as fish go going to be earth eaters, firemouths and flag cichlids maybe some more but not too sure, does everything "look" sturdy?

mollies 09-09-2009 11:10 PM

Im a lace rock guy. But damn i like the slate look. Just be carefull of the edges of the rock that they arnt sharp. Other wise looks like it will work for what you are geting. You will end up changing it a hundred times afeter they get to diging. good luck. How big are they going to be when you get them?

MoneyMitch 09-10-2009 12:13 AM

i am hopeing to get some that are under 3 inches that way i can grow them up and have attachment to them ^^

buzz4520 09-11-2009 03:51 PM

looks real good...just make sure that the rock work is pretty sturdy and keep an eye out for diggers that they won't cause the rockwork collaspe.