Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New member, beginner with fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/new-member-beginner-fish-287545/)

Tucker87 10-18-2013 11:28 AM

New member, beginner with fish

5 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, happy to be here part of tropical fish keeping. A little about me, i am 26 and i live in ontario canada. I purchased a 10gal fish tanks a few years ago but after fish dying and myself not knowing much about fish i just put it in the basement and left it. A few weeks ago my gf and i were going through stuff in the basement and came across the fish tanks. She decided she wanted fish, bad idea on her part. I became addicted :P. One thing led to another and we now have 5 tanks in the house, one i bought used and had to re-caulk therefore nothing in it yet. Now she is not as interested in fish as i am and that is all i talk about so i thought joining a group would be good. My newest tank is a 30gal with guppyes and mollies, oddly enough also a pictus and 2 sharks. \everyone seems to get along, the sharks are hers she looooves shark and they like the bigger tannk. Our 20gal tank has what i consider boring goldfish, the fish came with one of the tanks so i kept them. A 10gal which has frys in it and i'm pretty sure a pregnant guppy i am just waiting fo rher to have the frys so i can put her back in the 30gal tank. What i call my gfs tank has neons and some other fish that i am unsure what they are called, i call it her tank because.... well you'll know when you see the picture. I am new at this and have losty to learn, any advice would be great.

Romad 10-18-2013 12:57 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

It looks like your girlfriend created a bit of a monster when she decided to get what I'll bet was one or two fish :)

You suffer from a common forum ailment known as MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome). Don't bother trying to figure out what the cure is. There isn't one.

Good luck and ask any and all questions along the way. We're here to help (except with the MTS).

willow 10-18-2013 04:33 PM

hello and warm welcome to you and your better half :-D
as stated already MTS is infectious and incurable !
chat away about your wet pets,as most of us have peeps in our lives
that just don't understand the excitement of new fish, plants,or anything
else exciting about fish keeping.
instead of "yes dear thats nice" you'll get a "hell yeah that's awesome dude"
and pictures...we love pictures and demand them as payment for being here:mrgreen:

Boredomb 10-19-2013 09:15 AM

Welcome to Tropical Fish keeping!!

Hahah the ONE cure to MTS is running out of money! :(

Nice tanks and again Welcome here glad you found us!

keepsmiling 10-20-2013 04:36 AM

Hello and welcome!