Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Videos of My Dwarf Puffers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/videos-my-dwarf-puffers-28718/)

MXS 09-08-2009 09:14 PM

Videos of My Dwarf Puffers

All of my patience paid off! I finally got my dwarf puffers!

I know my java moss is dying, I took it out for now and it's coming back to life in my 29 gallon.

by the way, i feed them half a cube of frozen bloodworms everyday (not even half) and a snail about 2 times a week.

YouTube - Dwarf Puffers
YouTube - Dwarf Puffer Eats Snail
YouTube - My Dwarf Puffers Eating Bloodworms

I'm positive that one is a male (the smaller one) and 90% sure that the big one is too, :-(

Their names are Twister and Green (named after the two people that helped me out a lot) :)

Twistersmom 09-08-2009 09:26 PM

Aww, my names Twister!

Your tank looks great and the puffers adorable! I had never thought to use a cup for the bloodworms, great idea!
Do they both have wrinkles in their eyes? With mine, I could not tell so much by the markings, but only one had the eye wrinkles.

MXS 09-09-2009 06:17 AM

The small one has wrinkles but I still can't tell with the big one. I'll try to look harder!

teddyzaper 09-09-2009 10:36 PM

beutiful watchmy videos on youtube!

aunt kymmie 09-09-2009 11:11 PM

Yay, you finally got them! Such cute little buggers. Nice vids.
(I use a shot glass of tank water to thaw my worms)

SubAtomicScope 09-15-2009 09:25 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but having never even seen a Dwarf Puffer before joining this forum I find mysef asking many questions....like for example...how big will they get...are the ones in the video still babies? The shear size (or lack of) of the ones in your video have shocked me...

willow 09-15-2009 02:10 PM

cool videos :)
dwarf puffers are so cute.

sub. they won't really grow too much bigger,however don't be foled by their size,
they can be nasty little blighters,and should be in a species tank only.

MXS. i wish you the very best of luck with them.

Ramenuzumaki 09-15-2009 03:05 PM

species tank? as in only in tank of puffers?

oou oou oou!
do they get all big n inflate like a puffer fish?!? :O ;D

MonsiuerPercy1 09-16-2009 06:05 AM

Very nice. That snail got eaten almost immediately. Didn't you say that the puffers eat the bloodworms but the leave their cases all over the tank floor?

willow 09-16-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramenuzumaki (Post 243702)
species tank? as in only in tank of puffers?

oou oou oou!
do they get all big n inflate like a puffer fish?!? :O ;D

they need to be kept together,too risky to add other fish,you may get away with otto cats,
however it's a chance you take.