Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Hey Yall!!!!!!!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  willow 
#1 ·
My name is Andrew Jones II. My GF(Amanda) and I have what she says is a 40-45 gallon freshwater tank. Started out as a community tank with a couple of Gouramis, a Puffer, and some tetras. After going to the local petco, my GF fell in love with Cichlids. So we took the community fish out and returned them to the LFS and brought about 5-6 Cichlids home, we we returned all but on 1" long zebra danio cause he refused to be caught. I felt bad for leaving him in there thinking the Cichlids would kill him in a matter of mins. Well that was about 2 months ago and he is still alive and doing great. He doesnt hide ever(enless he see's my net) and all his fins are in great shape, dont know why but they ignore him.

Now about the Cichlids. I had 5-6 to start with, but then about 3 of them just died out of the blue, no problems before death that I noticed. Well I was cleaning the tank about 2 weeks ago and noticed the glass thermometer we had in the tank and busted out the bottom. We have no idea what so ever as to what happened. So I figure I had a mercury in the water, I had 2 Cichlids survive. Everyone seems to be doing good right now.

Ok now to currently what I have, I have one south american Cichlid, one african Cichlid, one zebra danio, one dinosaur eel(which has scared my GF please go to the brackish fish forum and check my post), also one lace catfish.

Also my GF's daughter has a 1 gallon with a puffer and frog.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.