Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Aquaripure feedback wanted (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/aquaripure-feedback-wanted-28345/)

KeithBNimble 09-01-2009 09:21 AM

Aquaripure feedback wanted

I posted this in the sponsors section under Aquaripure but I want to be able to reach a larger audience that maybe doesn't read that section regularly.

I am seriously considering getting the large Aquaripure filter but before I do I really would love to hear some feedback from those who have already bought one.

So let's hear it. Good or bad.
1. Is it easy to use?
2. How long have you had it?
3. How long did it take to get the output of the filter to 0 nitrates?
4. Do you have it in a freshwater tank or saltwater tank?
5. Do you feed it faithfully and the recommended dosage?
6. This one is a biggie - If you had to do it again would you? If not why not.

Also any additional information would be welcomed. I have already read all of the feedback from their site but now I am looking for what I would consider unbiased, unfiltered, unsorted feedback.

Thanks
Keith

KeithBNimble 09-01-2009 09:43 AM

One more thing I forgot to mention. The intention of the Aquaripure, for me, is not to eliminate water changes. I still plan to do that on a regular basis. I am thinking of getting it to eliminate Nitrates. Even doing large water changes I cannot get rid of them.

All I am looking for is feedback with this product so in the interest of keeping things civil and simple if you don't have either personal experience with this product or know someone who does then please do not post. No disrespect intended to anyone but I know how this can quickly stray away into subjects of water changes and other things.

Thanks
Keith :wink:

KeithBNimble 09-03-2009 12:45 PM

No feedback? No one has used this product?

Keith

Ratz 04-10-2012 05:32 AM

Aquaripure

Probably too late but I,ve just set up a medium size Aquaripure. Too soon to say if it is working but it was so easy to set up. Took 10 minutes from start to finish. If the filter works as well I,ll be delighted. I,ll leave feedback everywhere I can. John

skelator 04-10-2012 08:51 AM

i would be very interested in the real world results!

Ratz 04-11-2012 03:01 AM

Aquaripure

My nitrates have been climbing steadily over the last couple of months. I purchased this medium size Aquaripure about 6 months ago but due to change of plans I didn't use it. Now seems the right time to put it on my 6x2x2. As the initial bacteria will have died off I am starting it off from scratch. Aquaripure say this could take far longer but I have a feeling I will see a reduction of nitrates quite soon. John Strawn has been most helpful and has replied quickly to my emails. The setting up has to have been the easiest piece of aquarium equipment I've ever set up. I am looking at eventually getting rid of my skimmer- hardly attractive to look at and they require lots of attention to keep them running. The Aquaripure hardly takes any time or effort to keep it going. I'll keep posting as soon as I start to get results. John:lol: