Open wound on a violet gobi
I noticed a wound on one of my gobis today, near his tail. It's a little swollen, and is showing a bit of blood. There's also a small red spot near his gills on the other side.
I know that's a blurry pic, it's all I could get with the wife's camera phone though. I'm assuming I just need to stick him in my hospital tank with some melafix, right?
Right. Melafix should do the job.:) Maintain cleanliness as this will speed up the healing of its wounds.
what are your water parameters?
1. Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate : 0/0/20
2. pH/GH/KH: 7.8/8/12 *I think the GH/KH are right, haven't tested this week yet and don't quite remember.
3. Temperature: 76*F
4. Tank size/Filtration: 55 gal, Aqua-tech 30/60, Penguin 350
5. Water change amount/frequency: weekly 10-15 gal change
6. Water additives/Medications: API? Leaf Zone, 30 ml/wk
7. What, how much and how often do you feed your fish?: flake/fd brine/fd bloodworm cycle for gourami & tetra, shrimp pellets for gobis & eels, algea wafers & veggies for pleco
8. Tank inhabitants: 5 blue gourami, 5 red minor tetras, 5 red eye tetras, 2 peacock eels, 2 violet gobi, 2 senegal bichir, 2 ADF, hillstream loach, common pleco, skunk loach
9. Any new fish added to the tank? Who and when?: Nothing in over a month
10. Any unusual behavior or symptoms?: No, other than the wound
11. How long has the tank been in operation?: ~3.5 months
Excellent information.:thumbsup: Not to worry. Maintain your water clean and treat with Melafix so the wounds should heal. Monitor the fish closely to prevent appearance of fungus.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2