Angel "lost balance" and is missing
Just added 4 juvenile angels. No bigger than an inch body. I noticed about 2 hours ago walking out the door that one of the angles was not in control of its swim and just twirling about. It momentarily regained control of itself and I left. Came back an hour later and cannot find it ! Looked up down and out of the tank. Could be under some driftwood that I cannot move but the other three appear fine.
When you create a new topic we will need to ask a number of questions about your situation so we can best determine how to help you. To speed up the process, we ask that you have the following information available at the time of your first post:
1. What is the size of your tank? 50g
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. API ammonia 0-0.25. No NO. pH 6.8. KH 3. GH 8. CO2 green kn Hagen co2 monitor.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? FRESH
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 weeks
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 6 zebra danio less 1.5-2" about 5 years old. 1 SAE 1.5" about one week. 1 CAE 1.5" about one week. 4(3) angels (scalare?) 1.25" less than 4 days
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? 79
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Many
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. FLUVAL 305 with flow turned down. Has 300+ gph ??
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? Hagen co2 canister with ladders - 2
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? 9 hrs of light 4x36w no siesta.
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? 6days ago
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? HIKARI small mouth pellet and in tank algae.
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? Loss of swim control. As mentioned above.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis. NONE
Posted via Mobile Device
I am sorry your post was not replied to. How is the angel in question now?
I found it dead wedged between plants and rock. They brought Ich with them from the LFS - I raised the tank temp which was able to save the remaining three angels. The first fish did not have any visible Ich, but of course it went missing.
I appreciate the reply keepsmiling :)
Aww, I am sorry for your loss. But glad you were wise enough to catch it and act on it to save your other three.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2