Breeding Pond Snails
Hey everyone, my 10 gallon tank is almost done cycling and that means it's almost time for dwarf puffers.
Luckily for me I already had about 20 pond snails before I decided to get puffers, now I need more.
I had them in a tank by themselves, they bred without my help, I never even cleaned the tank. There were probably 50+
Now that tank is housing a crayfish that either eats the snails, or kills them for fun. I have rescued maybe 20 and i want to breed them again, I had a couple questions.
1. Do they need a tank with a filter, heater, gravel, ect. or will a random tupperware container work?
2. I'm pretty sure mine are asexual, pond snails are asexual right?
3. Food? I heard vegetables and algae wafers.
If anyone has any other info that'd be great, for example if anyone breeds their own for DPs if you could tell me anything that would be a big help.
1) I would recommend keeping the snails in a filtered tank, they are little poop machines. A heater is not necessary.
2) pond snails are asexual.
3) they will eat just about anything. The more food, the faster they will breed. Throwing in a slice of zucchini, works well.
I had a male and female DP for a couple years, recently lost my male. Mine never engaged in any type of mating behavior.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2