Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - Help my beloved black molly has white spots all over her (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/help-my-beloved-black-molly-has-269874/)
Help my beloved black molly has white spots all over her
1. Size of tank? 26 g
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0.25
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? 6.8
e. Test kit? API Freshwater Test Kit
3. Temperature? 79-80 degrees
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? one year
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? Black molly, creamcicle molly, 2 algae eaters, 3 bleeding heart tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 neon tetras. Adult size. Had all for over 4 months but had more than half for more than half a year.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? I have no quarantine.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Live and Fake.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? cave, fake plants, bubble wand.
9. a. Filtration? aqueon filter
b. Heater? Yes 79 degrees
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Not sure what to call it, this light is attatched to my tank's cover.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No.
11. a. Water change schedule? Every week
b. Volume of water changed? 20%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? probably tap
d. Water conditioner used? aqueon water conditioner
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every water change (1 week)
12. Foods? Brineshrimp, flakes, blood worms... I tend to feed them different stuff everyday. Example: Brineshrimp Monday, Bloodworms Tuesday, Flakes Wednesday, repeat cycle.
How often are they fed? Everyday - one time.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop? Hadn't noticed this, in school a lot nowadays. However I seen my creamcicle molly have clearish poop two days ago. not sure about the black molly.
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes, stupidly.
b. What meds were used? API Super Ich Cure
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Another picture: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
It sounds like ich, I would recommend turning the whole tank temperature up to 85-88 degrees. I would also recommend researching ich more, I have found this page (Ich: An Old Cure for an Old Disease) to be very helpful.
What I did is something like 4 degrees per day. My heater goes up at 4 degree intervals, so that's what I did. Although it sounds like the guy writing this raised it all at once...
I treat all new fish for ich while in quarantine, with 88 degree water. Normal temp is like 77. I have calibrated the heater to take the tank to 88, so I just plug in the heater and it goes to 88 in however long it takes for it to get it there.
I've successfully treated ich with heat and quick cure, but if you use a med, read up on it. I don't know the dosing for mollies, but tetras require a half dose.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.