Tropical Fish Keeping banner

My Pearl Gourami female is sick!Please helppp!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Little-Fizz 
#1 ·
My aquarium: -60 litters
-heater, white light bulb, water filter
-fishes: 1 pearl gourami, 2 sunset gourami and a betta male
-5 plants
-water temperature around 82 Fahrenheit(28 Celsius)
-water parameters: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, PH:7.8

I have a problem with my preferred female Pearl Gourami .She just lays around the middle of the tank and doesn't swim much (usually she’s very active and swim a lot).
But the real problem is that she doesn’t eat anymore, she tries but I she can’t! Whenever he tries to eat he pretty much swims up to the food and acts like he’s going to eat it but just swallow the food and immediately she spit it out! So she tries to eat but something makes it to spit food out! Either she doesn’t like that food anymore, or is something physical! Usually she was very active and ate very, very well, now she doesn’t swim much and not eating almost anything! That behaviour starts with 3-4 days ago!

PS: She doesn’t have until now any physical signs of disease! Honestly, I had so many problems with my fishes until now (I bought it with 3 months ago) as I think to give up with this hobby!

See less See more
#2 ·
Why are your nitrates 0? How did you cycle this tank and how long has it been established? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change? can you re check water parameters and then post them again please?

#3 ·
I check at every 2 -3 days the parameters...and are the same from 2 months! So, the levels of ammonia,nitrites and nitrates are the same! I cycled my aquarium with 2 fish inside and has it been established in 3-4 weeks!And i do weekly 25-30% water change ...and at 2-3 weeks i make a general cleaning( gravel,..etc)

#4 ·
What are you testing the water with? And what kind of fish did you 'cycle' your aquarium with? Your tank isn't cycled if your nitrates read zero. Do you mean you actually take the gravel out and clean it? Or just vacuum? Don't ever clean the gravel because beneficial bacteria lives there. But you should vacuum it every time you do a water change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.