Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   API Master Test Kit (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/api-master-test-kit-26535/)

Zombie 07-28-2009 06:37 PM

API Master Test Kit

I just got back from Petsmart with my API Freshwater Master Test Kit. I would like confirmation I purchased the right one. I spent $30 and tax on it.

The front reads;

API Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
Over 800 Tests
Freshwater Master Test Kit
Measures the most important aquarium levels
Tests pH, High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate levels quickly and accurately
Scientifically accurate for professional results
Includes: pH (6.0-7.6), High Range pH (7.4-8.8), Ammonia NH3/NH4+), Nitrite (NO2-), Nitrate (NO3-), Test Bottles, instructions, Glass Test Tubes & Color Charts

I can't post a picture at the moment but I will tomorrow. I just want to be positive because I would like to explore the kit and look at my frogs water but I don't want to open it because once opened, I'm not sure if it can be taken back. As I said, pictures tomorrow.

Yours truely,
Zombie

DragonFish 07-28-2009 07:01 PM

Sounds like exactly what I've got on my shelf under the 50, crack it open ;-)

Zombie 07-28-2009 07:04 PM

I want to post a photo first, Dragon. Hold your horses. It's nice to hear from you again. Sorry I haven't been PMing much.

DragonFish 07-28-2009 07:13 PM

Haha, I really wouldn't worry if I were you. If it reads all of that and says API in big lettering, then you should be good to go. But if you'd rest easier with showing a picture, by all means, have at it my friend ;-) :lol:
Nah, its cool, don't worry about it. Been a little busy myself actually x3

Zombie 07-28-2009 07:19 PM

I would surely rest easier but it will have to wait. I'm re-doing my stocking AGAIN. lol

Twistersmom 07-28-2009 07:26 PM

:thumbsup: You got the right test kit!

Zombie 07-28-2009 07:35 PM

lol @ twistersmom Im still posting the pic first. I'm paranoid.

Now, I have an older AP liquid test kit the does ph from 6.0-7.8. Would it be okay to use that for ph and not the stuff for ph in the one I just purchased? My tap is 7.2-7.4 and that's high and low range on the new kit.

Twistersmom 07-28-2009 08:01 PM

That ph test kit will be fine, I have a ph of 7.8, so I needed the higher ph test.

Picture, picture, picture, so I can give you the thumbs up again!

Zombie 07-28-2009 08:05 PM

I need to wait until tomorrow, lol.(:

DragonFish 07-28-2009 08:24 PM

Haha, thumbs up all the way man! :thumbsup: :lol:
I'll stop before I go nuts on the smilies <.<
Yeah, I have a very high PH....comes out of he tap at 7.9-8.0, talking with my dad about this....he says we have a water softener though. I'd be scared to know what the PH is without the softener :shock: