Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   NEW to FF from Los Angeles...but not new to the game (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/new-ff-los-angeles-but-not-26533/)

SuperFishFan 07-28-2009 06:06 PM

NEW to FF from Los Angeles...but not new to the game

What up people.... Just became a member here a few days ago. Been doing a lot of looking around and I really like the way the forum is set up. I've began participating in a few threads already and look forward to participating a heck of a lot more. I'm just about 30, and have been an aquarist for about 18 years. I've kept various types of Freshwater geo-specific tanks, and various saltwater community and reef set ups including a very sucessful run with a temperate water/saltwater tank about 10 years ago.

I'm currently looking to invest in setting up another temperate water tank very shortly. I was out of the hobby for about 4 years on serious level because of my career and the time it takes to do what I do, but I have always maintained at least one tank. Currently I am running two tanks. A 60 gallon cubed glass tank (planted) being filterted by a large Fluval can and live plants fed by Carbon Dioxide injector. In this tank are Leopard Danios, a couple very pretty Archer fish, a Chocolate knfe fish, some Esomus Flying Barb fish, a couple decent size Thai Rice Fish and a couple species of small freshwater shrimp that I have forgotten the common names of. My reef tank is a 125 gallon custom made long tank with too many creatures to mention. Will post pics a future time.

Lookin' forward to interacting with all of yall, and hoping to give as well as get some great advice here!

aunt kymmie 07-28-2009 06:23 PM

Welcome to the forum! Your tanks sound very nice. Looking foward to pics, when you can. :-)

jeaninel 07-28-2009 07:57 PM

Welcome to FF. Your tanks sound nice. I've always loved Archer fish. Looking forward to the pics also!

dramaqueen 07-28-2009 08:57 PM

Hello and welcome to FishForum.

southafrica1001 07-30-2009 01:15 PM

Welcome to fishforum ^.^

Twistersmom 07-30-2009 01:34 PM

Welcome to the fish forum!

willow 07-31-2009 03:23 AM

hello and welcome.
i agree your tanks sound great,and pictures would be sweet if you could.
:)

SuperFishFan 07-31-2009 02:23 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes guys and gals! Will be getting my pics up this weekend!~ Just got my camera cable back!

aunt kymmie 07-31-2009 02:32 PM

Ah ha! The weekend starts tomorrow so we'll be looking forward to those pics. ;-)

SuperFishFan 07-31-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 221036)
Ah ha! The weekend starts tomorrow so we'll be looking forward to those pics. ;-)

You got it!! soon as I'm able to escape my kids for a second:-?