Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Playing Guitar (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/playing-guitar-265/)

Michael 08-22-2006 10:20 AM

Playing Guitar

Anyone else out there play guitar?

SKAustin, I think I read that you play in your post in the meet the community forum. What do you like to play on the guitar? I have had one for years but never really got far with it. I love strumming it, though. Anyone else play?

Sometimes I strum it on the couch by the fish. Can they hear me? Can fish hear? :P

SKAustin 08-22-2006 10:47 AM

Re: Playing Guitar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael
Anyone else out there play guitar?

SKAustin, I think I read that you play in your post in the meet the community forum. What do you like to play on the guitar? I have had one for years but never really got far with it. I love strumming it, though. Anyone else play?

Sometimes I strum it on the couch by the fish. Can they hear me? Can fish hear? :P

Correct, I've been playing guitar for about 20 years. I play whatever comes to mind, and generally when i hear an old rock song i like, i usually end up trying to play it. Currently, a few of my favorites to play are:
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Randy Rhodes - Dee

And to my knowledge, Fish do have some sort of auditory perception. though not sure to what extent. I'm sure anything they hear probably sounds like its underwater. ;)

joeshmoe 08-22-2006 04:52 PM

I play the drums.

girlofgod 08-24-2006 10:21 AM

i play a little...but even tho ive had mine for over 6 year i never got very far in the way of learning...i want to take it up again tho...but i need someone to teach me...also, my fingers dont bend right so i have alot of trouble bar chording...lol

bri

SKAustin 08-24-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlofgod
i play a little...but even tho ive had mine for over 6 year i never got very far in the way of learning...i want to take it up again tho...but i need someone to teach me...also, my fingers dont bend right so i have alot of trouble bar chording...lol

bri

Bar chords took me a while to get the hang of too. Just keep practicing them. A great way to get the hang of them is jumping back and fourth from standard chords to bar chords in a song. The 80's song is a great one for that. You had a bad day also.

SKAustin 10-23-2006 02:24 PM

Any other Musicians out there?

Amphitrite 10-23-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKAustin

I don't play guitar (although if I ever got stranded on a desert island with the option of only having one item, that's what it would be) :twisted:

I play flute, violin and a little piano.

Out of interest, you mentioned Pink Floyd above. Can you play Is There Anybody Out There. It's a beautiful piece of music. :)

Rebecca 10-23-2006 02:39 PM

I am in the process of looking for a piano teacher. :) I took lessons a long time ago but then we moved... but I've always wanted to learn.

SKAustin 10-23-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katherine73
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKAustin

I don't play guitar (although if I ever got stranded on a desert island with the option of only having one item, that's what it would be) :twisted:

I play flute, violin and a little piano.

Out of interest, you mentioned Pink Floyd above. Can you play Is There Anybody Out There. It's a beautiful piece of music. :)

Never looked into it, Though I suppose I could always give it a whirl. I also play a bit of piano. Mostly just common stuff like Canon, Minuet, Claire de lune, Fur Elise, ect. I love the Work of George Winston, perticularly "Colors dance" from the "Autumn" album. Sadly, I am not nearly skilled enough to play any of his work. Still Guitar remains my tool of choice. I'm currently teaching my son to play as well. He's doing well, so fingers crossed that he sticks with it. And since I know you like "Wish you were here", Kate, I can play that one for you as well.

Becca, best of luck on finding a teacher, I truly love the piano and there can never be too many good pianists out there. :)

dprUsh83 10-23-2006 03:48 PM

I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to play the guitar. It's one of those "before I die..." kind of things. I even bought a guitar a couple years ago, but I can't afford lessons and I tried learning chords...Just never happened.

I'd love to learn, though!