Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Zeus in his 5.5 gallon

15K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Byron 
#1 ·
My crown tail betta Zeus in his 5.5 gallon planted tank:

YouTube - Zeus the crown tail betta in his 5.5 gallon planted aquarium.

The HC (dwarf baby tears) did not do to well. The tank has evolved since then and now looks like this:

He shares the tank with 3 otto's and 5 ghost shrimp. I know it is overstocked, but I maintain it very well and am not new to fishkeeping, been doing it over 25 years. I do 25% water changes twice a week with a gravel vac one of the times. It is also well filtered with a Penguin 100 on it with a diffuser on the outflow so the betta can handle the current, no carbon, just floss and the bio wheel.

See less See more
#11 ·
You really made the 5.5 gallon tank look beautiful and spacious, if you hadnt said it was a 5.5 i would have thought it was a 10 gallon tank!!! Beautiful landscaping, that betta is living the LIFE!!!

#13 ·
The 5.5g looks huge!

#14 ·
NICE set up and your plants are looking great too, wonderful!!
Are you sure this is a 5g and not a 10g????

#16 ·
Great looking tank. May I ask, what is a diffuser? I have an AquaClear110 on a 55g, and the current the filter puts out seems a little strong for my Angels (even with the filter on the lowest setting). I was trying to think of something I could do to make the outflow have a little less force (current) coming out of the filter.

#21 ·
Great looking tank. May I ask, what is a diffuser? I have an AquaClear110 on a 55g, and the current the filter puts out seems a little strong for my Angels (even with the filter on the lowest setting). I was trying to think of something I could do to make the outflow have a little less force (current) coming out of the filter.

A diffuser is in all actuality a plastic 20 oz soda bottle....i find the 20oz pepsi bottles work great. here is a link on how to make it...
DIY Filter Blast Annihilator!

#17 ·
Love both the tanks. Your betta is beautiful. Could you tell me what is the plant that has the long skinny stems and big broad leaves? I really like them and would like to maybe add it to one of my planted tanks.

#22 ·
Very nice aquascape, well done indeed. Zeus is a lucky betta. B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.