Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   A Newbie from Montana (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/newbie-montana-26249/)

Chickadee 07-21-2009 09:45 PM

A Newbie from Montana

:-D Finally get to add myself here. Busy, Busy summer with a 12 y/o and a 14 y/o. Anyway, I have 3 tanks, a 15gal tall at work, a 55 comm freshwater at home and am setting up a 90 gal African Cichlid at home. This will be a process as I really want to take my time and have it be just what I want. I was looking at switching my 55 over to a cichlid tank and have a brachardi and two crazy breeding kribs in there with a swordfish, a platy, a neon, a guppy, 2 cories, a gold gourami and an upsidedown catfish. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 23 years. We raised one daughter and I have a foster daughter who is now 36 yrs old and doing great. We adopted a brother and sister 4 years ago because we wanted to help out a couple of older kids or maybe it is because I am a Social Worker with a bleeding heart! Anyway have been having a blast and purchased my 55 gal to help teach the kids about responsibility, as well as 4 parakeets and we already had 2 cats! But I fell in love with aquarium keeping and have the 15 at work for clients (and staff) to enjoy and am now very excited about my 90 African Cichlid I am working on. I will be DYI the caves etc. Am trying to figure out best waterfall feature for fun. Or maybe I'll do an Aquascape tank with that....Ahhh so much fun and so much to play with! Anyway, I work as a Medical Oncology SW for a hospital and clinic half time and the other half in a Rehab unit. My hubby is a Service Manager. We love to take off on weekends with boat and go tubing, knee boarding, water skiing and swimming. I guess a wake board is next. In the winter - since we have winter here ;-) - we love to go ski dooing and sledding. The kids love all the sports although my daughter is the only person I have ever known to fall alseep on a snowmobile and we do NOT drive slow! Well there is a little about my life. Love it here in Montana! Look forward to lots of communication with all of you on this great aquarium keeping journey! :thankyou::cheers:

dramaqueen 07-21-2009 10:01 PM

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Sounds like a pretty busy life! lol

Nicknac44 07-21-2009 11:58 PM

Welcome to the forum!! It sounds like your 90g will be awesome when you get it finished! Best of luck!
Nick

Romad 07-22-2009 05:40 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum. IMO, this is the best one out there. I'm a newbie and learning a lot about the care and maintenance of fishies.

And would love to see pics. of your 90 gallon when you get it up and running.

Good luck.

Verse 34k 07-22-2009 10:10 AM

Hi there Chickadee.

willow 07-26-2009 08:16 AM

hello to one foster carer to another :)
hope your tank goes well,see you round the board.
:)

onefish2fish 07-26-2009 10:09 PM

welcome to the forum.

aunt kymmie 07-26-2009 10:20 PM

Wow, what a fun, busy life you have! Looking forward to following your progress on the 90gl build. We'd love to see pics, when you have time :-)

SuperFishFan 07-31-2009 02:29 PM

Cant wait to see that 90Gal. Welcome!