Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   How many times in a day shall i feed my 6 months old black moly fishes? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/how-many-times-day-shall-i-25078/)

sam augustin 06-20-2009 02:33 AM

How many times in a day shall i feed my 6 months old black moly fishes?

my black molly fishes are just 6 months old but still they are only 3/4 of an inch so i dont know how much am i suppose to food them and how many times. i have kept them in my 60 litres aquarium and i have 10 of them. please tell me how many times in a day i should feed them so they grow up well?

Guppyluver4ever 06-21-2009 01:42 PM

I am not very good at young fish, but i got a very very young platy and a very young bloodfin tetra and they both eat the normal flake food, but if you want to you can grind up a couple flakes and feed him that.

Guppyluver4ever 06-21-2009 01:43 PM

oh sorry and you should feed them about 3 or 5 times a day

sam augustin 06-21-2009 11:34 PM

yes i am feeding my fishes now 3 times a day.

2d1vv5s 06-26-2009 02:11 PM

feed them the amount of food that they can eat in two minutes.

DragonFish 06-26-2009 02:40 PM

6 months and 3/4 of an inch? Oo; Is that a typo of 6 weeks or something?
I'd think that they would be much larger by now if they were 6 months....and sexually mature....correct me if I'm wrong though.

sam augustin 06-27-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFish (Post 209205)
6 months and 3/4 of an inch? Oo; Is that a typo of 6 weeks or something?
I'd think that they would be much larger by now if they were 6 months....and sexually mature....correct me if I'm wrong though.

well that is the reason why i am worried becuase they are not growing fastly. not all are 6 months but those who are 6 months they are just a bit larger than an inch. rest all who are a little young are 3/4 of an inch.

DragonFish 06-27-2009 03:08 PM

Hmm.....I only had Mollies once and that was around a couple years ago. I let the female drop in the tank, so I never had any clue how old most of them were, therefore I couldn't help you on the growth rate thing....
I have a young male guppy that I raised from birth, a month old yesterday, and is just over an inch. I'm not sure....perhaps Mollies grow slower....but I would imagine them to be bigger.
Were they born out of one of your own females or did you get them from someone? Its possible that person lied about/didn't know their real age.....

sam augustin 06-28-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFish (Post 209437)
Hmm.....I only had Mollies once and that was around a couple years ago. I let the female drop in the tank, so I never had any clue how old most of them were, therefore I couldn't help you on the growth rate thing....
I have a young male guppy that I raised from birth, a month old yesterday, and is just over an inch. I'm not sure....perhaps Mollies grow slower....but I would imagine them to be bigger.
Were they born out of one of your own females or did you get them from someone? Its possible that person lied about/didn't know their real age.....

i had got 3 mollies which have birth at different times and i didnt ask the age from the person who sold them to me so i didnt know the age of the molly .

goldenfish112 06-28-2009 06:42 AM

I fed my young fishes 2 times a day.

you can give microworms,crushed flakes,crushed blood worms. But i think the best would be Infurosia.These are the best food for fries