Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   Stocking Options for 30g (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/stocking-options-30g-250418/)

FrightyDog 08-18-2013 08:19 PM

Stocking Options for 30g

So me and my dad want to add more things for our tank. So you can check it out on my profile. Anyways we want to add more live rock for more hiding spots. So it is 30 gallon with these inhabitants:
Diamond Watchman Goby
3 Nassarus Snail
6 Turbo Snails
5 Hermit Crabs
1 Emerald Crab
1 Fire Shrimp
Coral:
Zoanthids
Toadstool Leather
Frilly Mushrooms
Blastomussa
Alveopora
Xenia
----
So we want to add more coral and fish. So any suggestions are welcomed. One of our LFS orders fish we want for us so any suggestions is fine ^-^. We were thinking of getting a Bicolor Angel. So reef safe fish and safe coral or even invertabrates are cool too! Thanks.

Sakura8 08-19-2013 01:11 AM

I'm not really a SW expert but I'm learning about them. Based on my own research, these are fish you may want to look into:

coral beauty (centropyge bispinosa)
banggai cardinalfish (pterapogon kauderni)
pajama cardinalfish (sphaeramia nematoptera)
bluegreen chromis (chromis viridis)

The last three can be kept in groups. Hope this helps until a real SW expert comes along. Good luck!

FrightyDog 08-19-2013 08:59 AM

Thanks For Your Comment! We Know About the Cardinals and the coral beauty already but we were Leaning Towards Lame Angel if we were to get an angel fIsh. And Chromis are closely related to damsels in other words it means that they will get aggressive especially since we will be adding more fish. but other than that thank you for your help we appreciate it

Sakura8 08-19-2013 01:52 PM

You're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but in all reality, it sounds like you know what you're doing. Have confidence in what you've researched. :)

FrightyDog 08-19-2013 05:04 PM

thank you problem is I'm not very experienced with coral and fish or the correlation between the two I don't know which coral goes with which fish or which fish goes with which coral or which fish goes good with the coral I have or will get. we don't know coral

wake49 08-19-2013 05:07 PM

Bicolor would definitely get too big for your tank. Coral Beauty or Flame would be awesome additions, but be careful: they can nip at corals.

Clownfish are also in that "Chromis" family (they all fall under the "Pomancentridae" family: Chromis, Clowns and Damsels). Truth is, you take a fish that is used to an ocean and stick them in a small box of water, almost anything saltwater fish can get 'aggressive'. While damsels have the worst reputation, the Chromis and Clowns tend to be more aggressive towards their own. If you keep a pair in your tank, you should be fine...

I also like dottybacks for a fish that you could have in a 30...

FrightyDog 08-19-2013 05:51 PM

We Want More Coral Too. Any Suggestions? And We Were Thinking Some TypeOf CardinalFish Like Pajama (Maybe 2) And A Purple And Yellow Dottyback. Possibly An Angel...

nawilson89 08-19-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake49 (Post 2838769)
I also like dottybacks for a fish that you could have in a 30...

+1 on Dottybacks.

Basslets are also a good addition.
Dartfish too, I love Firefish. Not sure if they would get along with the Yellow Watchman.
I'm a Goby fanatic.

FrightyDog 08-20-2013 01:16 PM

Thanks. What About Corals? If I Can Add more

FrightyDog 08-22-2013 06:44 AM

Any Coral Suggestions?