Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
- - livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/livebearers-2484/)
went to my local store today and got me another female swordtail due to the male harrasing the other female but i noticed some very pretty guppies so decided to buy a pair of those aswell but wen it came time to put them into my tank the male was dead has this happened to any one else?
My own opinion: Your other fish have bullied and stressed it to death.:shake: Heaven knows I discovered my reigning king and queen of gold angels the cause of my woes for the death of several tetras since last year.:sob: I have vanquish them though.:sarcastic: :mrgreen:
this has happen to every one
but I will tell you my experience about guppies belive me you can buy and enjoy your bought.
1. look at the tank are the fish in a good shape do they swim well?
2. the one you like look at the eyes if the whole eyes are black the fish is old stop and do not buy it then . round of the eye must be white.
3. look at the back if you can see a hunch (hump) the fish is old and weak. there is a exception about big tails the big tails make a little hunch willy nilly.
4. the body must be bright . if the body has some black sign again the fish is old
5. at last try to buy fishes with very cleaned and smooth tail and fins.
there is some kind of disease or lack of vitamins whit fishes which their tail or fin is not in a good shape ( it is like has been chewed, or other fish bit)
this has happened to me too, i have now stopped buyin my fish from that lfs, it happened too many times
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.