Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello my new friends (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-my-new-friends-24822/)

MickeyBoy216 06-13-2009 04:13 PM

Hello my new friends

Hello all fish lovers,I am MickeyBoy216.I am sixteen years old, born and raised in Ohio. I absolutely love Live bearing fish.My family and I are moving to Florida next month and personally I can't wait so Much more opportunity there. I love all animals and when I am older I want to be a mammalogist, but for nowI am very, very, very interested in fish especially Platys, and Guppies. I have successful Raised guppies into adulthood and I am currently working on Platys. I have a mixture of Different species of Platys and their fry.The fry are in a ten gallon tank with fake plants and ordainments. Their are about thirty of them living in their. I will be setting up another ten gallon when they are older.The adult fish are living in a fifty-five gallon tank. There are fake plants and live plants in it.there are 8 platys and 7 guppies in there. I always had a certain love for fish, but not like I do now. They are so fascinating and amazing that everyday I learn something new about them. My fish and I have such a special bond and every morning I wake up just to see them. When I was younger I would go fishing with my Stepdad and when I catch a fish I would bring it home and try to keep it and they would always die and I would run crying to my mom every time. I than began to learn all I can on the internet about fish and how to properly care for them. I than began to learn about livebearer and I fell in love with the guppy. I got my first guppies on Christmas Eve and my first fry on Christmas day. After a couple of months of raising guppies. My friend bought Mickey Mouse Platys for my birthday and I than fell in love with them and now I have lots of them. I am happy to join this forum, it looks very nice and hopefully I could learn more about fish keeping.

Twistersmom 06-13-2009 04:27 PM

Hello neighbor and welcome to the fish forum.
Moving to Florida, Whats wrong with Ohio? LOL. Lucky you!

MickeyBoy216 06-13-2009 05:13 PM

Thank you for the WelcomeNothing is wrong with ohio, but all my family is moving down south to florida.so we have to go to and I am so happy we are.

Amphitrite 06-13-2009 05:16 PM

Hello MickeyBoy, welcome to FishForum :-D

dramaqueen 06-13-2009 05:52 PM

Hello and welcome to FishForum.

willow 06-14-2009 03:54 AM

hello and welcome to you.
i hope you enjoy it here with us.
any chance of pictures would be great. :)

MickeyBoy216 06-14-2009 07:42 AM

Pictures of what may I ask.

Pictures of my tanks or fish, somthing like that

willow 06-14-2009 08:39 AM

yes indeed,pictures of your fish and tanks would be nice :)
you can post a picture of yourself in the members photo section if you wish.

MickeyBoy216 06-14-2009 10:20 AM

Cool, I will have to put some tought into that.
I will post pictures of my tank when I get a new camera.

MickeyBoy216 06-14-2009 01:08 PM

I have fixed up my profile a bit.
you guys should check it out.

also I am a big mickey Mouse fan
as you will see and find out ;-)