Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   another fish gone a day after i got it (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/another-fish-gone-day-after-i-24765/)

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 08:53 PM

another fish gone a day after i got it

well i put this in another area when my other fish disappeared but know my six line wrasse just disappeared no sigh of him and i really liked him he actually cured my salfin tangs developing marine ich. the other two fish were damsels and i figured out they were eaten by my anemone but now i no its not possible because the anemone would take longer then three hours to eat him can any one help:cry:

IonBaller07 06-11-2009 09:05 PM

Hey Im kinda new to fish, just wondering, how does a fish cure another fishes ich?

Pasfur 06-11-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firstsalt (Post 203884)
well i put this in another area when my other fish disappeared but know my six line wrasse just disappeared no sigh of him and i really liked him he actually cured my salfin tangs developing marine ich. the other two fish were damsels and i figured out they were eaten by my anemone but now i no its not possible because the anemone would take longer then three hours to eat him can any one help:cry:

The perceptions you have of the developing situation are probably incorrect. This is very common for people new to the hobby, because you have to experience something first hand to understand how the behaviors will present themselves in the future.

First, your Six Line Wrasse did not cure your Tang. Your Tang most likely has internal parasites, based on his behavior.

The Six Line probably jumped out of the tank, or it was also sick and already passed and been eaten by the crabs, etc.

The fact that you are also missing Damsels is a very bad sign.

We need pictures and we need details so that we can help.

princesuhaib 06-11-2009 09:52 PM

did you get more live rock, sump, lights? details please about your set up!

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 10:22 PM

i got the the six line i have no crabs and i already looked around the tank i do have experience and if you saw my other thread about the damsels i discovered that they were eaten by my nem and thier have been reports of six lines curing ich and the sailfin was following him around

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 10:46 PM

my main experience was in my marine biology class where we had to do all the things we do but for cold water saltwater everyday we had count the fish than check for fish, crabs or horseshoe crabs that had gotten out of the tank i do everything i learned i that class every day so don't worry i can do things

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 10:47 PM

no new setup since i put him in
Quote:

Originally Posted by princesuhaib (Post 203911)
did you get more live rock, sump, lights? details please about your set up!

onefish2fish 06-11-2009 11:24 PM

i feel as if this setup is brand new or close to it and more fish have gone into your tank recently then ive added over the past 5 months. i could be very wrong but thats my take on it.

first the 6line could have made it down into the sump ( if you have one ) or ontop of your reflectors on your lights. wrasses are known jumpers.
as for the tang following the 6line, it was more likely chasing it out of its territory ( which honestly is the entire tank since its only 55 gallons ) which leads me to think it could have scared it to jump, hide in the rocks, or have killed it.

just for the record, is this tank open top? covered? canopy? what are your water params and lighting like? how long has it been setup?

dont loose hope yet, ive had fish disapear for a few days and come back out.

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 11:45 PM

srry about my attitude before i had a bad day mostly because i did bad on a test then having this on top of it but i am looking for a new tank 100 gallons he wasn't following like trying to scare him but he was more off just following him slowly than going in front of him the six line would look at him go to him than swim away this would happen a few times stop then happen agian i dont have a sump i picked up all my rock which is alot because i have alot of dead coral that is fish safe and amazingly i found my yellow watchman goby he was hiding under the sand and coral thats all i found no six line any where :(

Firstsalt 06-11-2009 11:57 PM

and the setup is about 7 weeks old and I have put two fish in at defrent time per week and the damsel is from the cycling is this too much too early could I be killing with love