ADF with "moldy" leg he can't seem to move?
I just picked up 2 ADFs on Monday, they pretty much hid last night so I didn't get a chance to see them.
Today, one of them has a moldy fungus looking thing growing around his right leg. At first I thought maybe it just brushed off from betta bulb that went moldy on me, but then I noticed that the ADF can't seem to move the leg that has the mold on it.
I've isolated the injured one in a quarentine tank, but I don't know what to do to help him... Any ideas? :-? From what I can see, the second ADF is fine so far.
Here are some pics of what he has going on, it doesn't seem to match any issues I've been able to find online:
Oops... Guess I forgot this stuff, didn't I? :oops:
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 12
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater, I guess (what's brackish?)
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 10 days, uncycled (I'm now fully aware of cycling, but wasn't when we first got our Betta)
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 1 Betta, 2 ADFs
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? A few, but they aren't exactly thriving. Bought a pack of 5" plants when we setup the tank, and some of the leaves are turning brown now (no new growth I've seen)
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 80*F
7. What make/model filter are you using? Whatever came with the Eclipse 12 setup
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? Nope
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Not really much to speak of, and none directly.
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? Yesterday 30%, and another 30% today due to high-ish ammonia readings (due to an overfeeding mistake on Monday)
11. How often do you perform water changes? When ammonia tests show .25 to .5 ppm (seems to be about 3-4 days)
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Varies, still seeing what they like. freeze-dried bloodworms (treats), betta pellets, betta flakes, frog pellets (for the ADFs), and frozen brineshrimp
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Whatever came with the Eclipse 12 setup, roughly 12hrs/day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? See first post :)
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. pH = 7.7ish ammonia was just below .5ppm tonight before the water change, nitrite and nitrate are zero.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? API liquid test kits
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? ADFs on Monday... most in the tank were sleeping at the time, but ours did scurry when they tried to scoop them out for us.
Thanks for the link. I've read into that a little before, but the symptoms mentioned are always like they are in that article, "lack of appetite, lethargy and rough, flaking skin", as opposed to a very obvious large moldy mass. Because of the difference in descriptions, I assumed that wasn't what I had going on.... is the moldy/fungus mass also a symptom?
Also, on a related(?) note, our Betta died in the middle of the night last night :(. We know he was overfed on Monday, but he's been seemingly fine since, including last night. We haven't fed him since monday, and had planned on doing so this evening. After finding him this morning, I tested the ammonia again, and it was still between .25 and .5ppm (even after last nights 30% water change). Would that level of ammonia take out an otherwise healthy betta, or is there something else going on thats effecting the betta and ADF? (the 2nd ADF still seems ok so far).
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2