Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Plants on the way! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/plants-way-247130/)

Reece 08-13-2013 03:04 PM

Plants on the way!

Hi guys, this is more of a heads up post. After losing most of my plants the tank's looking pretty empty at the moment, so tomorrow I'll be getting some and bringing some more life to the place :lol:

Hoping that all goes well and that the store actually has plants available (I didn't check last time I went, I guess I probably should have) watch this thread for some pics!

Sakura8 08-13-2013 05:59 PM

Yes for pics!

Reece 08-14-2013 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I'm back home from the fish store, and after 10 or so minutes of planting and shuffling things about the tank looks so much better! I picked up 5 plants, he ran through some names but I can't really remember what they're called. Anyhow, he seemed to know his stuff and said they were easy to manage with minimal help and so that was good enough for me :lol:

The Harley's seem to like them!

Apoligies for the sideways image, I don't know how to change that.

Boredomb 08-14-2013 07:26 AM

Looks good! LoL sideways pics aren't a problem on cellphone can just turn the phone to see the pic the right way!

Reece 08-14-2013 07:34 AM

Haha thank you. At first they were fine but now they're gathered away from the plants, one will swim through the plants and then come back, they're not sure yet lol

Agent13 08-14-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2797682)
Haha thank you. At first they were fine but now they're gathered away from the plants, one will swim through the plants and then come back, they're not sure yet lol

lol.. That reminds me of when my daughter insisted I add lighted bubble wands into the substrate of my 75. The fish were all staying the heck away from that scary lighted bubbly thingy. Then it was like the scene in finding Nemo where he went through the bubble volcano. All of my fish were gathered on one side of it or the other and one brave fish got up the nerve and after a few fake outs he went through as fast as he could..then a few others did.. now they don't care about it.

Reece 08-14-2013 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent13 (Post 2802226)
lol.. That reminds me of when my daughter insisted I add lighted bubble wands into the substrate of my 75. The fish were all staying the heck away from that scary lighted bubbly thingy. Then it was like the scene in finding Nemo where he went through the bubble volcano. All of my fish were gathered on one side of it or the other and one brave fish got up the nerve and after a few fake outs he went through as fast as he could..then a few others did.. now they don't care about it.

Hahaha that's exactly what it was like! They're completely settled now, one even rests in the smaller plant, he does it every other hour or so I think, I've seen him do it twice, but every time he does my phone's always too far away so I can't get a picture! He'll stay there until I've got the phone and then he'll dart off...! :roll:

On the bright side, here's a pretty neat photo of my Bristlenose Pleco, I feel like I should name him, but nothing comes to mind.

Sakura8 08-14-2013 05:41 PM

Beautiful! Looks like you've got maybe some rotala indica, some windelov java fern, maybe some bacopa. You did a great job planting. :)

Reece 08-14-2013 05:50 PM

I know that he said two of the plants were in a species that began with "min", that's literally all I can remember, I'd be a terrible witness if I saw a crime...

And thanks! Nice to know something's been done correctly ;) haha

Reece 08-16-2013 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I knipped into the fish store today after getting a haircut (it's basically next door to the hairdressers) and picked up these two items.

One's Tetra PlantaMin, does anyone have any experience with this? How is it?

I also picked up something to help with CO2, "Easy-Life Easycarbo". It's essentially liquid CO2, I was tempted by the more professional CO2 kits, however where there's temptation, there isn't a budget to fit! I've never really seen or heard of liquid CO2, but I thought I may as well chance it :) Has anyone used this or anything similar?