Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Liquid Ferts?

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  FishySuzy 
#1 ·
Which liquid ferts are you using? What do you suggest? Ups? Downs?

I know i need a comprehensive fert.

I have heard good about API Leaf Zone and Seachem flourish. WHich is better?

Thanks a ton!

#5 ·
thanks for the help. So far that seems to be the general consensus. Anybody else have experiences?

I noticed the flourish is a odd brown color with an odd smell. Will that make the water look/smell odd?
I also use Flourish and it does not color my water or make it smell odd in the least. It's a good product that works. :)

#8 ·
I use Flourish fertilizer and Flourish Excel for carbon on my 6 gallon Eclipse. My java fern is doing good with excellent color and my crypt is growing like a weed. With the amount of fertilizer you add and the regularity of it I've never had an issue with water color or smell.

#10 ·
Flourish is a fertilizer, Flourish Excel is a carbon supplement. The tank I use them in is only 6 gallons and also at my office. A full on CO2 injection system would be both overkill and an unsightly mess in my office. Excel supplies the plants with the carbon they need but in a liquid form that's easy to dose.

#13 ·
excel is basically liquid co2 so it wont leave the tank with surface agitation and such. It depends, my plants i only dose excel once a week because i ahve very little surface agitation so i retain a lot of the co2 my fish generate. In my 20 gallon w/ bubblewand, i had to dose it once every 2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.