Tropical Fish Keeping banner

tiger barbs shoaling together?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  yippee 
#1 ·
Just curious if a pack of 10 regular tiger barbs and a pack of 10 albino tiger barbs would shoal together? I've heard that green and regular will, but not albino and regular - anyone know if this is true?

#5 ·
If you have a small amount of tiger barbs (20 or less) they will be shoal quite close to each other. But if there are more, then the group will venture further from each other. And tiger barbs, whatever kind, they shoal. Heck, I can even name which of my tiger barbs are the most leader-like

And I will know

#8 ·
Thats what i was thinking actually. It all is up to what tank i end up with at this point. I am looking to upgrade on a budget, right now. If i stay in the 55 i will just stick with the 10 regular tigers. If i end up with a bigger tank (125+) i will get the 10 regulars and different amounts of albino and green. I want to have different amounts because it seems more natural to me. You wouldn't go out in nature and just happen to see even amounts of three different varieties of a fish shoaling together.

At this point, assuming i get the bigger tank i will definitely add the three varieties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.