Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   Update on 10 gallon (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/update-10-gallon-235073/)

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 03:40 PM

Update on 10 gallon

1 Attachment(s)
Sooooooo i have added a fish and 2 corals to my nano ( over the period of about 4 days). Im super excited. My clown's name is Percy. I have a duncan coral and candy cane coral that i bought today. I drip acclimated them over about 2 hours and within an hour of placing them in the tank, my duncan is almost fully extended. Im soooooooo excited :) i only know how to place one pic at a time so i will hafta make multiple posts. Please let me know what u think!

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the candy cane.

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Duncan when i first put it in

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Duncan after about an hour. I will keep yall updated :)

DragonFyre14 07-27-2013 06:41 PM

Those are so cool. I haven't yet made the leap into saltwater tanks. It just seems too complicated for me. So congrats. Do you plan on adding more fish?

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFyre14 (Post 2656881)
Those are so cool. I haven't yet made the leap into saltwater tanks. It just seems too complicated for me. So congrats. Do you plan on adding more fish?

No, it's only 10 gallons. I dont skim so i have to keep the bioload small and thr water changes frequent. Im hoping that my clown will host the duncan sooner or later. It'd be cool to watch him sleep in it lol. Saltwater really isnt much more complicated than freshwater but it is way way more expensive.

NewFishFiend 07-27-2013 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here the duncan is fully extended.

DragonFyre14 07-27-2013 07:29 PM

Ahh. Yeah the extra costs mean I'm not entirely up for it quite yet. :P Plus, I already have about 5 tanks in my room and really no room for anymore. If your clownfish ever starts sleeping in the duncan, I'd definitely love to see a picture. Do you know exactly what kind of clownfish you have? It looks similar to some sold near me that I believe they sell as "Emo clownfish"

NewFishFiend 07-28-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFyre14 (Post 2657385)
Ahh. Yeah the extra costs mean I'm not entirely up for it quite yet. :P Plus, I already have about 5 tanks in my room and really no room for anymore. If your clownfish ever starts sleeping in the duncan, I'd definitely love to see a picture. Do you know exactly what kind of clownfish you have? It looks similar to some sold near me that I believe they sell as "Emo clownfish"

Percy is a black Ocellaris clown. Also known as a black false percula clown.

DragonFyre14 07-28-2013 01:47 PM

Ahh. Love the name Percy by the way.