Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   difference between t5 and HO t5? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/difference-between-t5-ho-t5-23005/)

lilalancarey 04-12-2009 01:48 AM

difference between t5 and HO t5?

I hav a Curent USA inc lighting fixture that has an individual blue and white light
the White- T5 HO 39 watt 10kk
Blue- T5 HO 39 w actinic

I have 46 g bow front and
Porcupine puffer
Dog face puffer
Mandarin
Red head gody (baby)
2 scooter lennies one red spotted
firefish
purple firefish
False percula clown
Formosa wrasse
Green carpet anemone
Sand sifting starfish'couple of nass. snails
Lettuce nudibranch

any coral recoomendations?

Kraken 04-12-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilalancarey (Post 187199)
I hav a Curent USA inc lighting fixture that has an individual blue and white light
the White- T5 HO 39 watt 10kk
Blue- T5 HO 39 w actinic

I have 46 g bow front and
Porcupine puffer
Dog face puffer
Mandarin
Red head gody (baby)
2 scooter lennies one red spotted
firefish
purple firefish
False percula clown
Formosa wrasse
Green carpet anemone
Sand sifting starfish'couple of nass. snails
Lettuce nudibranch

any coral recoomendations?

first off that is way too many fish for that tank, and second off you have quite a mix...that Mandrin shouldnt be in that tank unless you have TONS of LR and the 2 SBs are going to compete with him for the same food. Then you have puffers which will produce heavy bio loads and tend to be semi aggressive (hope you dont plan on getting inverts with them) plus the puffers require a larger tank. The formosa wrasse is also semi aggressive and will end up nipping fins especially off those firefish. Id first think about getting rid of the above fish and restocking with smaller more "reef friendly" fish.

lilalancarey 04-12-2009 07:50 PM

so how about the lights? ty for ur insight though i plan on upgrading when necessary

Kraken 04-12-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilalancarey (Post 187361)
so how about the lights? ty for ur insight though i plan on upgrading when necessary

as far as the lights go, you could go with some mushroom corals, leathers, and maybe a some of the hardier lps corals...shrooms and leathers are the less demanding....just dont put the corals to close to the anemone as most anemones will kill the corals. I'd stay clear of the sps corals though, they usually require very strong lighting :-)

onefish2fish 04-12-2009 09:41 PM

agree with everything said.

im interested in more about the tank and its equipment. esp how long its been setup and running and how long you've had the mandarin.

lilalancarey 04-15-2009 11:38 PM

seaclone protein skimmer, 10 g wet//dry with 4" sandbed and 10 lbs of live rock, overflow box, weekly water changes. ad plan on an upgrade to a 210 set up son so some of my fish i plan on being way to big for my tank soon so i will upgrade to a 210 before that happens when i move nto my wn apartment.
mandarin (had for about 3 week now and is eating brine shrimp mysis shrimp cyclops freeze and detritus off the rocks on a regular basis. hes actnig like a scooter blennie almost. i gave the dogface to a friend who has a 155 g saltwater set up and hes going to give it back to me when i upgrade =]

lilalancarey 04-17-2009 06:28 PM

correction, my sup has 10 lb of live rock and my tank has about 35 lbs.