Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Red Phantom Tetras

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Tracy 
#1 ·
I'm over the moon over my final decision to get red phantom tetras.:love: They're lovely lot.:mrgreen:

I'd love the neons but with the angels and the plants not at dense growth at the moment...:sarcastic: So they'll have to wait.:wink2: Now I'll pick up these lovely darlings probably next week.:love:

#3 ·
Congrats Blue! Tetras are lovely fish and there are so many different kinds to choose from, so many colours.

I am about to change my tetras into the 20 gallon (R.I.P. Ralph); I have 3 lamp eye tetras, 2 neons and 3 glow-light. Already in the 20 gallon are 2 sm. blue gouramis, 2 small cories and a small plec. Should be a nice community.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about Ralph, Tracy.:blueworry:

Lol..Kate, if my wallet fits, then I can.:mrgreen:

Now, if only some people post threads in this section about characins. Four threads?:dunno:

#5 ·
So I bought 11 red phantom tetras and got a free flame tetra and a black neon.:welldone: At the moment, the flame tetra and black neon are loners. They were given to me because my lfs employee said so as the tank no longer has any other tetras. New batches will be shipped next week.

Prior to introduction to the tank, one red phantom tetra nearly got killed by my discus.:blink: But I managed to distract all the old occupants with food. So there I go.:mrgreen: The tetras are now doing well. The flame tetra is swimming with the phantoms while the black neon just drift along with the penguins.:thumbsup:

I can't wait for more lovely red phantoms.:love:

Er...no batteries for my camera.:quiet:

#6 ·
Best wishes for the Red Phantoms. What would be interesting is a mixture of Black and Red Phantoms, as they are more or less the same, just different colours..?
You'd better get batteries for the camera soon, or we'll all be hammering on your door with lit torches. :lol:
There are very few thread in the characins, they seem to be less popular now than they were even a year ago?? Everyone seems to be concentrating on the bigger fish. A shame really, there's nothing wrong with the old tetras! :D

#7 ·
Monster fish are quite popular.:blink: Now Joeshmoe is also 'in' to the oddballs.:sob:

Oh, and for an update. Flame tetra(at size of 2 cm) is shoaling with the red phantoms and nipping them.:sarcastic: They're fine now.:mrgreen:

Edit...

Kathryn said:
Best wishes for the Red Phantoms. What would be interesting is a mixture of Black and Red Phantoms, as they are more or less the same, just different colours..?
I really would love black phantoms but they're not available yet from my friend.:sob: Still waiting for more red phantoms.:smoke:
You'd better get batteries for the camera soon, or we'll all be hammering on your door with lit torches. :lol:
:bluelaugh: :bluelaugh: Do that now.:thumbsup: :brow:
There are very few thread in the characins, they seem to be less popular now than they were even a year ago?? Everyone seems to be concentrating on the bigger fish. A shame really, there's nothing wrong with the old tetras! :D
'Tis disappointing indeed.:shake: I'm disappointed with you people who hate tetras.

:tongue: :wink2:

...and more edit...:wink2:

So as I was saying...I got only 4 females out of 11 Red Phantoms.:) They are far different from Black Phantom Tetras.:mrgreen:

I'm disappointed my friend has no stocks now.:sob: I want to add more red phantoms and flame tetras but it'll take awhile again.:sarcastic:

Yikes! This made me forget I need to give my black neon some mates too.:blink:

#9 ·
Tracy said:
Guess who has 3 new Lemon tetras?? lol
You!:thumbsup: Any pics, Tracy?:mrgreen:

#10 ·
Errr.........no, not just yet; i have to get fresh batteries for the digital cam, then come the rest of the excuses (my flash ruins the photos; the fish are too small too phototgraph :p ), but I will try :) The Lemons are in with 2 blue gouramis and some other tetras that I moved to the 20 gallon when Ralphy, my AEN, committed suicide a week and a half ago :cry: . By the way, Blue,. my blue mystery snail, "Blue", has done the 'egg' thing again :D woo hoo, i'm going to have baby snails :D :D

#11 ·
:shock2: Blue laid eggs again?:crazy: Nice.:mrgreen:

#12 ·
YES!! :D the first time it happened I didn't know what it was, and removed it from the canopy out of curiosity; now Blue has done it again, looks like baby corn, above the water line, and I want to see what happens :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.