Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   10 Gallon Starter Tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/10-gallon-starter-tank-22891/)

klutchewsky 04-08-2009 06:12 PM

10 Gallon Starter Tank

4 Attachment(s)
Well since I'm new to this forum I thought I'd show everyone what I got, I've recently got into the fling of fish, I took over some friends fish and just tossed them into my tank, this is my 10 gallon tank that will actually be getting sold once I get my 30 gallon going.

I got nothing special, just a few things here and there....I tried live deadwood, snails and plants before, wasn't my route to go. To busy of a person for that stuff.

Anyways heres some pictures, honestly let me know what you think, I'm not the greatest at this sorda thing!

aquakid 04-08-2009 07:43 PM

I think it's pretty nice but I think you should keep the ten gallon as a hospital tank!

dramaqueen 04-08-2009 08:11 PM

Very nice tank!

Twistersmom 04-08-2009 08:16 PM

Looks great!

veganchick 04-08-2009 08:26 PM

Looks great! In the future you might want to invest in a bigger tank because goldies are messy, and grow rather large, but the tank and fish look great!

klutchewsky 04-09-2009 02:01 AM

I actually just put together my 30gallon tonight, it will need some more plants, but it's not to bad..I'll get some pictures when I put the fish (9 gold fish) into the tank in about a week or so....30 gallons sure takes a long time to fill up!

jadedragen 04-10-2009 08:54 PM

9 goldfish in a 30gallon?!?!?
that's not going to turn out very well, i don't even have that many goldfish in my 55gal, 9 is way too many

klutchewsky 04-10-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedragen (Post 186858)
9 goldfish in a 30gallon?!?!?
that's not going to turn out very well, i don't even have that many goldfish in my 55gal, 9 is way too many

You'd be surprised, I'm adopting my sisters 6 common goldfish and they have been in a 10 gallon tank for 6 years, there used to be 7 actually in the 10 gallon.....it'll work i beleive.....

candicelee 04-10-2009 11:53 PM

I love your tank setup! The only thing I would add decoration wise is a background, we put one on ours and I'm soo happy with it I really gave my tank look of more depth (I also have a 10 gallon). Also it will hide your cords in the back. :-)

jadedragen 04-11-2009 09:36 AM

goldfish are large messy fish, they need large tanks and good filtration. right now i have a 55gal with 5 goldfish and 660gph(Gallons per hour) of filtration. as a starting point they recommend 10gallons for each fancy double tailed goldfish and at least 20gallons for each single tailed common goldfish, so a 30gallon should have 3 fish or less. goldfish live for quite a long time if cared for properly and can grow to be huge, fancy's can get over 8 inches long and very girthy and commons can be well over a foot long. i don't know if im allowed to link other forums but there are forums dedicated to goldfish care, you can find all the info you need there. im not trying to sound nasty, but i just think your setting yourself up for failure, i dont think you realize how much work is involved in caring for goldfish.