Tropical Fish Keeping banner

overflow problem

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lilalancarey 
#1 ·
ok so i just bought a new overflow box for my Mega flow wet/dry filter, since my old overflow cracked, the old one had a tube attached to the top so i can suck the water up and the overflow will start well overflowing.... the new one i bought the front of it is inside the tank and the back part where the pvc pipe is in the back and they are disconnected there is a curved pipe connecting the front of the overflow to the back of the overflow, if i had a picture i would take one but my camera is apparently M.I.A... =/ but yeah, i was just wondering how to get the water from the front of the overflow to the back... its not a flexible tube so i can just suck it up and put it in the back or anything, im not sure if im very clear on my descriptions, any discrepancies just ask ill try to clear them up, im pretty pissed if the guy at the store didnt give me everything i needed.. =/

#3 ·
just so anyone else reading this thread needs to know, or if you have this problem again:

fill both sides of the overflow with water, enough so the U-tube has both ends submerged. then shove tubing inside the U-tube and suck the air out. the tube will then start to siphon pushing any remaining air out from the tube.

#4 ·
make sure the tube is almost the size of the overflow u tube, if its too small there will be air bubbles stuck in the top and it will take some time for it to eventually work tiself out and the overflow will not be being used to its full potential. so just make sure the tube you use to siphon the water through the u-tube is almost as big as the u tube itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.